ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Never again will I purchase that shampoo! (or will I?)

<< < (4/7) > >>

iphigenie:
lol, but imagine, you could have, like, 2 keys!!!

Seriously, i havent found much useful in these optimisation programs, but then I havent looked much. I stopped buying them a while back

Once nice thing about ashampoo is that they have a list of their newsletters available on the website, so say you are at a family member's place and determine they need a simple tool for photo scan organisation you can go back and try a $1.99 offer for photo commander whose link/code stillworks (as I did last summer). That is nice and transparent of them.

Curt:
Seriously, i havent found much useful in these optimisation programs, -iphigenie (March 30, 2011, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have this fixed idea that one day I will get my hands on some fully updated installation CDs for Win2000, XP, and Vista, and then I will let these "optimizers" and "cleaners" do all they can - so when I then reboot, I will have a CD ready to perform the already necessary repair-installations, and voila!: I end up having a CLEAN install, without loosing anything important. ;-)

iphigenie:
I have this fixed idea that one day I will get my hands on some fully updated installation CDs for Win2000, XP, and Vista, and then I will let these "optimizers" and "cleaners" do all they can - so when I then reboot, I will have a CD ready to perform the already necessary repair-installations, and voila!: I end up having a CLEAN install, without loosing anything important. ;-)
-Curt (March 30, 2011, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understand the dream, I still have the acronis image somewhere for my clean-but-with-basic-apps windows XP system. It just was too hard to maintain as the OS and my "essential basics" changed (since it would need a clean reinstall) so I gave up.

Might actually not be out of reach now since XP barely changes, but I only have one machine on XP left. (edit: I lie, my dad had a netbook with XP on it so I now have 2)

Curt:
-on my next pc I hope to have room for several partitions, so I can move the entire Win2k + XP + Vista enchilada, and then fix the problems. Only when it was broken did I discover why it is important to save plenty with space: the Win2k had no free space at all = impossible to fix!

---------
Regarding the thread's subject; this is why version 7 was so cheap:

This time I feel certain I won't take the offer. But time will show!  :-[

Darwin:
Ooh... Curt! Think about those Yiggles! Go on, you know you want to...

Seriously, I've been cured (I think) - I've ignored all of Ashampoo's come ons for over a year now. The only Ashampoo product I still have installed is Uninstaller (latest version), but I haven't used it in ages, either... Might just get rid of it.

Of course, I *must* see what they've changed for WinOptimizer 8, software junkie that I am.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version