ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (44/67) > >>

superboyac:
Good to know.  I'll probably buy these tonight then.  Thanks Carol.

superboyac:
The RAM I'm getting:
Corsair, Dominator 4GB (2 x 2GB) (PC2 8500)

Is this the right RAM for me?  I don't know.  If not, please let me know thanks.  (Check first post for list of purchases)

I see other similar options:
Corsair 4gb #1
Corsair 4gb #2
Corsair 4gb #3
Corsair 4gb #4
Corsair 4gb #5

...and so forth.  How do I choose?

tomos:
The RAM I'm getting:
Corsair, Dominator 4GB (2 x 2GB) (PC2 8500)

Is this the right RAM for me?  I don't know.  If not, please let me know thanks.  (Check first post for list of purchases)

I see other similar options:
Corsair 4gb #1
Corsair 4gb #2
Corsair 4gb #3
Corsair 4gb #4
Corsair 4gb #5

...and so forth.  How do I choose?
-superboyac (January 08, 2009, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

have you checked the motherboard site/page - they usually recommend compatible ram

Lashiec:
The first one should be OK. The rest either run at lower speeds, or have different heatspreaders. Since you're not going to overclock, fancier heatspreaders should not be of much concern.

And yeah, just like tomos says, check if they're compatible. There should not be any problem, but with memory you never know.

Carol Haynes:
The motherboard websites alwways seem to have lists of memory that have been tested and guaranteed compatible but there are a number if issues:

* they were compatible at the time of testing but manufacturers regularly change their sources of RAM chips and so what was true in the past isn't necessarily true of the future
* they regularly only test smaller RAM modules (relative to the board capacity)
* they are often obscure or difficult to obtain modules
* they never seem to bother with popular and reliable brands as much as the concentrate on the obscure
further to all that lot Corsair and Crucial both make hi spec memory that generally has no compatibility problems and are guaranteed for life. If it doesn't work send it back! For Crucial memory use their memory picker and then it is guaranteed compatible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version