ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (40/67) > >>

superboyac:
OK, first item to buy, the WD Raptor 300GB hard drive.  Why?  Because Newegg has a $30 rebate that expires soon (1/04/2009).  So I can currently get it for $200, which seems to be the cheapest price on the web so far.  Free shipping, whoo!

superboyac:
Since this was discussed earlier, I wanted to see exactly how much money was being "wasted" on this system.  So here's a very quick estimate of the spoiled factor in the cost:
ITEMPRICEEXCESS $$Motherboard$140+$40CPU$270+$70Monitor$600+$300Main Hard Drive$200+$30Storage Hard Drive$130+$0Backup Hard Drive #1$130+$0Backup Hard Drive #2$130+$0External HD Enclosure$70+$50RAM$80+$0Graphics Card$200+$100Audio Mixing Board$300+$0Pro Audio Card$0+$0Case$190+$100Mouse$70+$40Keyboard$50+$30DVD/CD Burner$0+$056k PCI Modem$0+$0Power Supply$135+$30
How much I'm spoiling myself:  $790

That's almost $800, but the question to ask is where do I really draw the line?  $300 of it comes from just the extra monitor, but you know, I just want a luxurious amount of screen space, ok?  The rest is just the difference between solid, average hardware and really nice, functional hardware.  And if anyone knows me, they know I have to have quality.  So an extra $500-$800 isn't going to kill me.  Especially once every 7 years.  And if it weren't for the freaking hedge fund fiasco, I wouldn't even worry about it for a second, considering what I'd be doing in 7 years.  Anyway, I digress...this is fine for now.  I'm excited!

superboyac:
Why does Overstock.com have the Logitech Wave keyboard available at two different prices?
$26
$54

Is overstock a good place to buy?

superboyac:
My 300GB Raptor arrived yesterday.  I'll try it out today on my current computer.  Next thing to do is buy the rest of the parts.

Carol Haynes:
Don't do it - if it is anything like my experience before you know it you will fill it up on your old system and then you'll have to go and buy another one ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version