ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (10/67) > >>

superboyac:
I just bought this case from Newegg.

CoolerMaster CM 690
-Cloq (December 16, 2008, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
That looks like an awesome case.  I'm going to go with it unless I come across something better.  Thanks!

superboyac:
So far, I think I'll get the Logitech MX Revolution Mouse combo keyboard.  I've been fascinated with that mouse since it came out.  I hope it's nice!

mouser:
regarding your mouse selection, see here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10688.0

Carol Haynes:

CoolerMaster CM 690
--- End quote ---
That looks like an awesome case.  I'm going to go with it unless I come across something better.  Thanks!
-superboyac (December 16, 2008, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it me or is it a bit odd to have the power supply at the bottom of the case under the motherboard? Two things strike me:

* first heat rises so the PSU will add to mobo heat (OK with a cood PSU and a decent fan it shouldn't be a big problem but it is an odd placement)
* second all the cables to connect to the motherboard are likely to have to cross the motherboard and this will disrupt air flow and hence cooling. It is to be hoped that the DVD power cables are long enough to stretch that far - but generally the ATX power socket is towards the top of the board or the right of the board so the thick cable is likely to be in the way of any air flow from front to rear fans????
What do others think?

Cloq:

CoolerMaster CM 690
--- End quote ---
-superboyac (December 16, 2008, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is it me or is it a bit odd to have the power supply at the bottom of the case under the motherboard? Two things strike me:-Carol Haynes (December 16, 2008, 07:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

BTX form factor standard (or a variation I think).
NM .. still ATX. Can I go hide now? ah well still good reading at Toms.

Wiki BTX

Tom's Hardware - Much better explanation
BTX - Tom's Hardware

Corsair -  Yes did the memtest+ and gave tech the result. I think I was just dealing with a PITA tech with zero customer experience. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version