ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (9/67) > >>

Carol Haynes:
That is rather a sad experience. I had a bad stick once and they exchanged it within 3 days with no questions asked. I just told them I set the system to default (conservative) settings and ran MEMTEST+ and it came up a nuumber of errors. They said sorry and replaced it instantly.

I have to say I like Crucial memory too and their lifetime return policy is also excellent (and easy to use). The only reason I suggest Corsair is that Crucial's memory is never able to be pushed as hard as Corsair's. Plus the Corsair sticks had nice cooling built in whereas most Crucial stuff is just bare chips (unless you pay megabucks).

mouser:
wouldn't it be useful if a group of 3-5 people built machines at same time with same parts?  ie get together in groups of 3-5 and come up with the components together and all buy at same time.. then at least you could share experiences, settings, troubleshooting, etc.

superboyac:
wouldn't it be useful if a group of 3-5 people built machines at same time with same parts?  ie get together in groups of 3-5 and come up with the components together and all buy at same time.. then at least you could share experiences, settings, troubleshooting, etc.
-mouser (December 16, 2008, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
That would be fun!  Who else needs a new machine?  This looks like it's going to be my most expensive machine I've bought yet.  But I'm also making more money than before.  Also, I'm really getting top-notch products from the beginning with good research (you guys!).

PS I've updated the first post, and I've added a running total price at the bottom.

Shades:
@ f0dder:
Every drive here is placed just after one 120mm or two 80 mm intake fans and have their own harddisk cooler screwed onto the bottom.

A silent PC is not workable here. It is either turned off or literally burned up.

superboyac:
Power Supply question:
How much watts do I need?  I know I'm an electrical engineer, but I have no idea how much I need.  I currently have a PSU from PC Power & Supply, who make elite-quality units.  I want to get another one from them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version