ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (8/67) > >>

mouser:
some meta advice:

don't buy a single piece of hardware without looking on newegg for its rating by other reviewers and reading some of their comments.
in particular, look for comments about noise.

app103:
some meta advice:

don't buy a single piece of hardware without looking on newegg for its rating by other reviewers and reading some of their comments.
-mouser (December 16, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with mouser 100%. Even if you are not going to purchase it from Newegg, the site should be one of your first/last stops during the research phase.

Cloq:
Memory: Corsair isn't the cheapest but is good and comes with a lifetime no quibble warranty.-Carol Haynes (December 15, 2008, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

YIKES!~

I had the exact opposite experience with their warranty department. In March I had purchased 4 GB DDR2 Dominator line RAM and both sticks went bad on me.

Bleeping Tech refused to create an RMA till I tried every timing under the sun in my BIOS advanced memory settings. Long story short, I ended up telling them that they had lost a good customer with their horrible support.

I went back to Crucial memory.

superboyac:
some meta advice:

-mouser (December 16, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, in the past, I have always read newegg reviews for my hard drives.  But I will do it for the other items as well.

superboyac:
Hmm...Corsair or not?!  I think for now I'll get Corsair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version