ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: Akete

<< < (12/14) > >>

ewemoa:
Thanks for reporting back.

I hope it continues to function appropriately :)

Thanks to mouser for making it possible to achieve this functionality via plugins in FARR  :Thmbsup:

komtak:
Akete exactly is one of the best FARR plugins which improves productivity.   :up:

However, I found  the following problems in the latest experimental version 1.0.1.8:
(1) The regular expression for detecting no-extension file name works unexpectedly when the folder path containing the target file includes dot (.) characters.
(2) When a short cut (*.lnk) is resolved to be a folder path, Akete reports "File not found" error.
(3) When using Akete association, two launching processes seem run redundantly, one via Akete and another via the default association; e.g. when I launch a text file having extension 'txt', both the text editor associated to the extension 'txt' by Akete and a notepad via default file association open the file, respectively.

I made minor changes to fscript.js as attached, which should fix (1) and (2), but I can not address the cause of (3). Does this happen only to me? Does anyone have some idea to fix it?

ewemoa:
Thanks for the report and patch.

I will try to look into these matters further.

On a side note though, I've been thinking about not pursuing the direction explored in the experimental version.  From a certain perspective, it essentially proceeds to produce a new mini-language for configuration, and that doesn't seem like such a good idea to me at the moment.

As an alternative, I've been considering providing hooks by the plugin which can be leveraged by users via JScript.

ewemoa:
komtak:

I've successfully reproduced the 3 points you mentioned.

At the moment, what you propose as a fix for the first point seems good.  Thanks!

I'm still processing the second and the third points.

Thanks again for reporting.

ewemoa:
(3) When using Akete association, two launching processes seem run redundantly, one via Akete and another via the default association; e.g. when I launch a text file having extension 'txt', both the text editor associated to the extension 'txt' by Akete and a notepad via default file association open the file, respectively.
-komtak (February 04, 2012, 09:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

komtak,

mouser investigated the issue and has prepared another version of fscript.dll.  Perhaps you can try it out and let us know if it addresses your third issue?  It seems to work for us.

Please find it attached to this post (note: its version is a bit odd -- once we are comfortable with a fix, I hope we can release a version which is more appropriate).

dll's MD5: 0742d6c85db9ec153c7d6b22634d4544

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version