ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In-car GPS

<< < (4/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
It's possible but I don't think so. Maps don't seem to make much sense to her. -Deozaan (December 16, 2008, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you one of us with a navigator who thinks contour lines represent the route?  ;D

mrainey:
With a compass and having to follow a map, I can get around.
--- End quote ---

By yourself, in a moving car?  At night, in the rain?

Love my Magellan!!   :-*

SKesselman:
With a compass and having to follow a map, I can get around.
--- End quote ---

By yourself, in a moving car?  At night, in the rain?

Love my Magellan!!   :-*
-mrainey (December 16, 2008, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

OMG yes, by myself!
I don't read maps while driving.
And the night & the rain? Please!

I grew up just south of San Francisco. When my friends & I first started driving, we used to go get lost in the City just for fun...of course, we had each other, but do you really think that helped?  :P

Then of course, in my twenties, there was the nightlife in SF...a few years of that & a girl has to know how to take care of herself.

That said, my sense of direction is still awful. Daytime driving is much harder for me, as there are a million distractions. If I've been somewhere once, and I feel I should go right, then going left is my only hope.

Of course, I'd love to have your setup, but after 22 years of driving, I'm not going to die without it!

cranioscopical:
Look into this mounting system - it's highly popular with GPS users.  Fifteen bucks at Amazon
-mrainey (December 14, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for your input, both on GPS generally and on the mount.

Mark0:
Another one with no sense of direction here! :)

I'm very fond of the TomTom units / software / maps. It really help you getting where you have to go.
When driving local / in place where you know you whereabouts, you may notice the occasional non optimal routes. But that's not the point of a nav system: where it really help, is when you don't know where you are and where to go. There, even a non optimal route is much better than getting lost! :)

Even the cheapest TomTom (the One v4, now) IMHO have everything needed to works out of the box, and work well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version