ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (165/174) > >>

skwire:
Hi, Lowtone, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

I use Trout, almost everyday, since two years, and i really appreciate it. It is one of the best music player around.-Lowtone (July 27, 2013, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for your kind words.

The "channels" column has only numbers like 1 or 2, but stays often wide because the word channels is longer than 1 or 2.
I also noticed that the width of the columns is not kept when i start the program again.-Lowtone (July 27, 2013, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...the column widths should be saved when closing the program.  I can resize the channels column and it saves for me.

Is it possible to have a column that says if the file si 16 or 24 bits ( or else ? )
Is it possible to have an option that allows crossfading between songs ?
Can a streaming option ( à la Shoutcast / Icecast ) be added ?-Lowtone (July 27, 2013, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

1) I can look into that.
2) I know the BASS library can do this but I've never researched it enough to figure out how.
3) So, this question is a bit murkier because there actually is a hidden Shoutcast browser in Trout.  However, it no longer works because the Shoutcast folks changed up their API and now require an API key (breaking Trout's Shoutcast browser).  There is even an Icecast browser and a simple media database in there, too.  I've never fully polished them so I've never released that functionality to the Trout minions out there.   :D

Something i haven't tested yet : do Trout knows how to use replay-gain ?
Side question : is it possible to apply a general replay-gain to all the files?-Lowtone (July 27, 2013, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Trout does not use ReplayGain nor can it add it.  Foobar is your best bet for this.

Thanks a lot for this very useful and conveinient program  :Thmbsup:-Lowtone (July 27, 2013, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're very welcome.  I know that I've sort of been neglecting Trout lately and I need to get it up to speed...especially with Unicode path handling.  Adding that will definitely break Windows 2000 and below compatibility but, seeing that it's 2013, I really don't care anymore.

skwire:
Wonderful.  Can't even get a Shoutcast API key if I wanted to.   :-\

http://www.shoutcast.com/partner_request_form

Lowtone:
Hello, thanks for the quick answer  :Thmbsup:

Hmmm...the column widths should be saved when closing the program.  I can resize the channels column and it saves for me.-skwire (July 27, 2013, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
It don't seem to work  :(
There is also a kinda useless column, wich tells with file is playing, with a little arrow. Not removable

1) I can look into that.-skwire (July 27, 2013, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah great! thanks a lot, this will become useful with the devlopement of High Definition digital sound, like rips from Blu ray audio.

2) I know the BASS library can do this but I've never researched it enough to figure out how.-skwire (July 27, 2013, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
There was a Paradox Dj programm ten years ago who was able to do this ( sorry i can't recall the name, BPMsomething or so )

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/w/images/4/42/Goldwave_Crossfade.png
a simple crossfade interface like this would be good enough

3) So, this question is a bit murkier because there actually is a hidden Shoutcast browser in Trout.  However, it no longer works because the Shoutcast folks changed up their API and now require an API key (breaking Trout's Shoutcast browser).  There is even an Icecast browser and a simple media database in there, too.  I've never fully polished them so I've never released that functionality to the Trout minions out there.   :D
-skwire (July 27, 2013, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
aww :o too bad
i've always lost time to load Winamp+shoutcast while getting the sound from Trout via the stereo mixer
( Trout search option is very handy when listeners asks for a song )

Trout does not use ReplayGain nor can it add it.  Foobar is your best bet for this.-skwire (July 27, 2013, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
So even if i set it with Foobar it will ignored by Trout  :tellme:

app103:
Bug: Open file location fails if certain characters are in the file name.

There may be others, but so far I have found that = and , break it.

skwire:
Thanks, app.  Please see if this fixes it:

Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.6 build 71 - 2013-11-02
    ! "Open file location" didn't work properly if the filename contained certain
      characters.  (Thanks, app103)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version