ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (83/174) > >>

Shades:
Likely not the correct place to mention an reproducible error in build 158 (portable version), but here goes anyway.

Explanation of my setup:
When I doubleclick on a mp3 file in DOpus v9.x the Trout app starts with only the selected file in the playlist. OK.
Because the file would not autoplay, I enabled 'Resume playback on start' in the options.
Running WinXP pro SP2 (Dutch edition) on a dual core Intel PC

Explanation of procedure:
Double-clicking (and auto-playing) only works the first time. The second time the list is updated correctly, but the song does not start (although the 'Play' button suggests otherwise). Only after pressing the 'Stop' button the intended music starts playing. At this point Trout consumes 49%-50% of my CPU resources. Double-clicking on a new mp3 file results in a 'frozen' Trout which can only be terminated with the TaskManager.

skwire:
Likely not the correct place to mention an reproducible error in build 158 (portable version), but here goes anyway.-Shades (November 01, 2009, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

This would be the right place.   :)

Explanation of my setup:
When I doubleclick on a mp3 file in DOpus v9.x the Trout app starts with only the selected file in the playlist. OK.
Because the file would not autoplay, I enabled 'Resume playback on start' in the options.
Running WinXP pro SP2 (Dutch edition) on a dual core Intel PC-Shades (November 01, 2009, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

The "Resume playback on start" only works if a track is active at the time you close Trout.

Explanation of procedure:
Double-clicking (and auto-playing) only works the first time. The second time the list is updated correctly, but the song does not start (although the 'Play' button suggests otherwise). Only after pressing the 'Stop' button the intended music starts playing. At this point Trout consumes 49%-50% of my CPU resources. Double-clicking on a new mp3 file results in a 'frozen' Trout which can only be terminated with the TaskManager.-Shades (November 01, 2009, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please update to the build I just uploaded.  I tried to make Trout act like other audio players in that:

* If you pass a folder or file path to Trout it will clear the list and start playing automatically e.g. c:\path\to\trout.exe c:\music\sometrack.mp3
* If you pass a folder or file path to Trout with the /add param first, it will simply add to the list without clearing it e.g. c:\path\to\trout.exe /add c:\music\sometrack.mp3
Adding from the shell extension should continue to work as normal.  If ANYBODY has issues regarding these new changes, please speak up and I'll try to satisfy all requests.

tanis424:
A small bug with the resume playback. Well, it might be intentional but it's annoying. If the command line clears the playlist and a new album is loaded then the resume actually resumes a track from the previous playlist.

skwire:
v1.0.3 build 238 - 2009-11-02
    * Reverted the new "/add" and auto-play changes that were made until I can
      come up with a more reliable way to handle this functionality.  Apologies
      to those that made use of them.

As you can see from the HUGE jump in build numbers from the last changlog posting (80 builds!), I did try to get it working properly.  Ultimately, it caused more problems with logic and deadlocking bugs than it was worth.  As for now, it goes back on the ToDo; I may revisit this issue in the future.  Soz.   :(

Leif:
Trout found some missing tags in my MP3 files. But when I tried to edit them the new information didn't stick.
But when I copied one of these tracks from my NAS onto a local disk and edited the same MP3 file, it worked OK. Why not possible to edit tags on my NAS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version