ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (75/174) > >>

skwire:
Too bad, could've solved issues with missing Wingding (Webding?) fonts on certain machines. Oh well... *sigh*
-Drugwash (June 09, 2009, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I actually have a solution to this issue; just need to get off my arse and implement it.

Drugwash:
Thanks app103, very kind of you. I personally have no problem with those fonts but I remember having read (or been told) about people that missed them; hopefully they find the links above and solve the issue.  :Thmbsup:

Jody, get off your arse!  ;D
(obviously joking)

app103:
Thanks app103, very kind of you. I personally have no problem with those fonts but I remember having read (or been told) about people that missed them; hopefully they find the links above and solve the issue.  :Thmbsup:
-Drugwash (June 10, 2009, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Win95/98 allows for a compact install, intended for systems with very small hard drives. It's just the bare minimum needed and a number of things are not installed. One of those things is the Wingdings fonts.

The official recommended fix from MS is to reinstall your OS and select full install instead, but that isn't possible if your hard drive is too small to support it.

Other fixes are much more complicated than they need to be, like extracting the fonts from the cabs on your setup disk. Easiest one is the suggested "copy the fonts from another computer", but if you don't have access to that, you'll need to get the fonts from somewhere else.

lanux128:
skwire, how about support for off-line lyrics? if there is a text file with the same filename as the song then it can be displayed in the lyrics windows. would save some bandwidth for someone like me.. :)

Drugwash:
Few months ago I posted at the AHK forums a small test script to prove Unicode tags reading capability under all Windows versions. In the mean time I updated it locally to allow its usage on systems that lack unicows.dll (which is only required for Win9x systems).

As I found it fit as an example in a recent reply to some poster there, I remembered Trout might take advantage of it too, since it's already using BASS and tags reading.

I've tested the script in both Windows98SE and XP-SP2 with positive results but only one test mp3 file with Japanese tags was available; anyone willing, please test and provide feedback whether it works for other Unicode languages as well.

Please note that in order to display Unicode text, the OS must have at least one Unicode font installed. The script uses the cRichEdit wrapper by corrupt, the BASS and BASStags wrappers by k3ph.

Link to the AHK forum post here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version