ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (55/174) > >>

brotherS:
Option request: "rewind on resume" - user would be able to define an amount of seconds Trout would rewind the file when you resume listening (from pause mode).
-brotherS (March 12, 2009, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Audiobook-related, I suppose?   :P
-skwire (March 12, 2009, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good guess! :D

Deozaan:
Bug Report:

When starting Trout up again, it brings the playlist to the about the correct position to keep the currently playing track visible, except the currently playing song is actually just one above the visible area. In other words, you have to scroll up the playlist window one spot to see the currently playing song.

Hezzu:
Yo!

There is this bug when you use media keys in logitech keyboard the song you change from keeps playing when the the song you change to starts playing

But awesome job so far thanks!  8)

skwire:
a pre-emptive vote against any possibility of changing that to a double click (to bring it from the tray) -tomos (March 09, 2009, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll make the number of tray clicks an option at some point.

there's an existing Winamp plugin by Lyrc that does this. why not incorporate this plugin into Trout, might save some time.
-lanux128 (March 09, 2009, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I'll probably be using LyricWiki.org, though, since I already have working code based on the help I gave in this AHK forum thread here.

skwire: can this be extended for files stated in the command-line of Trout? i use a Farr alias to search for songs and load them into Trout.
e.g. Trout.exe "C:\My Mp3s\some_song.mp3"
right now, the newly-added files are inserted at the bottom of the listview, which is good most of the times but some options would be nice. :)
-lanux128 (March 12, 2009, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I assume you would just want it to work like it does for the listview i.e. obey the setting you've chosen?

Is it just me or can we not remove a song from the playlist with delete key? That would be a nice feature to add.
-mouser (March 12, 2009, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser and I fixed this in the latest build (v1.0.2.208).  I added the numpad delete key to that routine.  =]

a minor idea: when choosing to save a new playlist, maybe use the info from the first song (artist/album) as default name?
-mouser (March 12, 2009, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Won't be hard to add.  Thanks.

Option request: "rewind on resume" - user would be able to define an amount of seconds Trout would rewind the file when you resume listening (from pause mode).
-brotherS (March 12, 2009, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Added to the ToDo.  Thanks.

IDEA for new playback setting
Shuffle (or Random) with manual override :-)
-tomos (March 12, 2009, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Added to the ToDo.  I'll try to come up with a way to smoothly implement this.  I'm thinking maybe a "Playback follows highlight" or something like that.

Bug Report:

When starting Trout up again, it brings the playlist to the about the correct position to keep the currently playing track visible, except the currently playing song is actually just one above the visible area. In other words, you have to scroll up the playlist window one spot to see the currently playing song.
-Deozaan (March 12, 2009, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed in the latest build.  Thanks.

There is this bug when you use media keys in logitech keyboard the song you change from keeps playing when the the song you change to starts playing
-Hezzu (March 13, 2009, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, Hezzu.  Nice to see you here.  In the last build that I just uploaded, there is an option to enable/disable those media keys.

Latest build:

v1.0.2 build 211
    + Made it so the numpad's delete key will work like the regular delete key.  [Thanks, mouser]
    + Added handling for media keys on Logitech keyboards (Play/pause, Stop, Next,
      Prev, Vol up/down).  [Thanks, mouser]
    + Added "Enable media keys by default" option to the Options, Hotkeys dialog.
    ! Fixed an HTML decoding issue on WPL files.  [Thanks, app103]
    ! Fixed a TR/TE display issue with the toaster popup.  [Thanks, Deozaan]
    ! Fixed a sizing issue when restoring from the tray/minibar if "Minimize on startup"
      was checked.  [Thanks, Deozaan]

lanux128:
skwire: can this be extended for files stated in the command-line of Trout? i use a Farr alias to search for songs and load them into Trout.
e.g. Trout.exe "C:\My Mp3s\some_song.mp3"
right now, the newly-added files are inserted at the bottom of the listview, which is good most of the times but some options would be nice. :)
-lanux128 (March 12, 2009, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I assume you would just want it to work like it does for the listview i.e. obey the setting you've chosen?-skwire (March 13, 2009, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

precisely, it'd be nice if both methods are consistent with each other. also how about a hi-res icon for the alt-tab view instead of the current one (see pic). :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version