ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (38/174) > >>

brotherS:
This is not working when I rewind or fast forward with a keyboard shortcut, only with the mouse. I'd like a 'live' update like in xmplay.
Also, would it be possible to set a custom font (size) for the statusbar?
-brotherS (February 19, 2009, 04:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Re-download and try the latest build.  I think it'll act like you're expecting it to.  As for the status bar font, it can be done.  However, the problem is that the statusbar itself won't resize vertically to fit.  Question, are you running at a DPI of something other than the default of 96...120, perhaps?
-skwire (February 19, 2009, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
The rewind/ff with a file being paused now works, thanks!

No, I'm using the standard DPI, but my screen is at a distance from me (not at arm's length), so an option to increase that would help to read it better. But I can see it would be an issue with the fitting statusbar.

Strange: for the second time, when I was trying to close Trout (to update it), I got an "Error saving list contents!" error.

Btw, updating caused Trout to forget about some settings that I changed previously, like the internet connection and the time skip value (how many seconds).

Another idea: how about a 'roger beep' that makes you realize that Trout jumped to another file in the playlist? Maybe I'm the only one ever missing something like that, I don't know. 8)
Reason why: when I listen to audio books - while not looking at the PC - I like to know when I reached a new file, either for note-taking or to use that to pause listening and to resume at the beginning of a file later.
-brotherS (February 19, 2009, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm guessing that the balloon tip notify or toaster popup don't serve you well in this case?  You prefer something audible rather than visual?
-skwire (February 19, 2009, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
You are right. Yes.

skwire:
The rewind/ff with a file being paused now works, thanks!
Strange: for the second time, when I was trying to close Trout (to update it), I got an "Error saving list contents!" error.
Btw, updating caused Trout to forget about some settings that I changed previously, like the internet connection and the time skip value (how many seconds).
-brotherS (February 19, 2009, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good to hear about the seek issue.  As for the losing settings issue, I wonder if it's having trouble saving the config.ini (since it seems to have an issue saving the playlist).  That message you're seeing pops up if it can't delete the list.tpl file.  Are you running anything that would have that file open?  Perhaps an anti-virus or something is interfering?  Regarding your beep request...were you thinking something like the system beep that AHK can do?

brotherS:
No anti-virus installed currently.  :-[

@ the beep idea: maybe it would be most simple to just let the user pick one of the already existing wav files for this option?

skwire:
Column saving is in.

v1.0.2 build 146
    + Another hidden config.ini setting: WinampAPI_Titlebar_Fix=1
      What this does is add a " - Winamp" to the titlebar text.  The reason is that some WinampAPI
      driven front-ends will actually crash if that text isn't there...even though they eventually
      strip it for display.  The mind boggles.  [Thanks, hollow87 & app103]
    + Column orders are now saved.  [Thanks, app103]
    ! Removing files from the listview should be much quicker (back to the way it used to be).

mouser:
Can't believe how far trout has come.. damn this is good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version