ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (37/174) > >>

skwire:
This is not working when I rewind or fast forward with a keyboard shortcut, only with the mouse. I'd like a 'live' update like in xmplay.
Also, would it be possible to set a custom font (size) for the statusbar?
-brotherS (February 19, 2009, 04:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Re-download and try the latest build.  I think it'll act like you're expecting it to.  As for the status bar font, it can be done.  However, the problem is that the statusbar itself won't resize vertically to fit.  Question, are you running at a DPI of something other than the default of 96...120, perhaps?

Another idea: how about a 'roger beep' that makes you realize that Trout jumped to another file in the playlist? Maybe I'm the only one ever missing something like that, I don't know. 8)
Reason why: when I listen to audio books - while not looking at the PC - I like to know when I reached a new file, either for note-taking or to use that to pause listening and to resume at the beginning of a file later.
-brotherS (February 19, 2009, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm guessing that the balloon tip notify or toaster popup don't serve you well in this case?  You prefer something audible rather than visual?

Also, did you think about adding an (optional?) graphical reprensentation of the current part of the file being played? Like in mp3DirectCut? It's sometimes quite helpful.
--- End quote ---
At some point, I hope to add a spectrum analyzer of some sort.  However, this is way down my list.

And another edit: how about adding the website link from the about window (great idea! only saw it now) also to the context menu of the tray icon and/or to the Help menu directly?
--- End quote ---
The About window does have a website button (I ought to make a real site or something, eh?  =).  Adding it to the Help menu is no problem.

FYI EvilLyrics works fine with Trout
What about A-B repeat ? It'd be useful to learn foreign languages
-kilele (February 19, 2009, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, nice to know it works with EvilLyrics, thanks.  I'd assume EvilLyrics sees Trout as a "Winamp", right?  I built in a portion of the WinampAPI into Trout for this very reason...so that it would work with stuff like Samurize, IRC scripts, my own bbLean widgets, etc.   Hmmm....A-B repeat...  My first thought was no way but the more I think about it, the more I like it.  How would you like this to function?

app103:
Ah, nice to know it works with EvilLyrics, thanks.  I'd assume EvilLyrics sees Trout as a "Winamp", right?  I built in a portion of the WinampAPI into Trout for this very reason...so that it would work with stuff like Samurize, IRC scripts, my own bbLean widgets, etc.
-skwire (February 19, 2009, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

What exactly does that mean?

Are things that look for info from currently running instance of Winamp supposed to see Trout as an instance of Winamp? If so, it didn't work with the 3 things I tried it with, and crashed 2 of them.

Both xchat (with a winamp plugin) & Amp2MX (winamp automatic chatroom spammer) crashed, and RoboMX (chat client) just gave an error message of "the parameter is incorrect" when using the display current winamp song command.

Was there something I misunderstood about what this is for?

skwire:
What exactly does that mean?

Are things that look for info from currently running instance of Winamp supposed to see Trout as an instance of Winamp? If so, it didn't work with the 3 things I tried it with, and crashed 2 of them.

Both xchat (with a winamp plugin) & Amp2MX (winamp automatic chatroom spammer) crashed, and RoboMX (chat client) just gave an error message of "the parameter is incorrect" when using the display current winamp song command.

Was there something I misunderstood about what this is for?
-app103 (February 19, 2009, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
You understood correctly.  I've tested it on Samurize, vIRC (IRC client I use), and some other WinampAPI-dependant applications and all worked properly.  It's possible that the apps you mention are querying portions of the WinampAPI that I don't have implemented.  I'll install and test on XChat later today.

app103:
I am using a .dll plugin that came with my copy of xchat (non-official version)

The other "plugin" that I am using that you could try is Amp2MX, which was originally designed to work with WinMX but works with a number of chat clients, like mIRC and a bunch of others that can handle a /me command. (not xchat though)

Setting the window handle of your chat client is a little weird though.

You have to right click the tray icon and select "Add Room" and then move the message box over the chat input area (right where you type) of the channel you want to use it in and make sure your mouse is directly over that when you click OK. Once you have done that, to display a song playing (on demand) you select "Display Song" from the tray menu, or to automate it to display automatically on song change you would select "Automatic Display".

kilele:
I'd assume EvilLyrics sees Trout as a "Winamp", right?

--- End quote ---
Yeah! It looks for the song that Trout is playing

Hmmm....A-B repeat...  My first thought was no way but the more I think about it, the more I like it.  How would you like this to function?

--- End quote ---
Well it could be this way. User CTRL+LeftClicks over the progress bar to mark selection start ( A ) and selection end ( B ). A third ctrl-Leftclick would cancel A-B.
If A-B is enabled and user rightClicks over pb then path and A and B times would be copied to clipboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version