ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (5/174) > >>

apfel:
The search function can be just like foobar2000's small window with input row and beneath the results. One click jump to track and double click start track.

Even though AHK is does not natively support unicode, I have added unicode support where I can in Trout.  The tag reading should support unicode tags and the copy-to-clipboard function will copy in unicode format.  If you can test this, please let me know if it works for you.  I've tested it on my files and it does work for me.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, what I mean is the playlist. My tracks with cyrillic names are ????? - ????????.

dodenonnonisos:
Great program!

What I miss though is:

* rating column and possibility to set the rating of a song by mouseclick or shortcut key

* drag and drop support of an mp3 or folder of mp3s to the icon of Trout I placed in Quickstart of the Windows Toolbar

Any plans for those features or to release the code as open source?

Kind regards,
Dennis

skwire:
Yeah, what I mean is the playlist. My tracks with cyrillic names are ????? - ????????.
-apfel (January 02, 2009, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

May I ask how your Windows box is set up under Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced tab -> Language for non-Unicode programs?

Also, I've been working on your search function.  Here's some preliminary screenshots:

The load time you see in the first screenshot is from my computer (Athlon 64, 2GHz).  I've tested it with 65,000+ files and that took about 35 seconds.  However, once the list is loaded, I've implemented instant find-as-you-type functionality.  It's very similar to the "Jump" functionality in Winamp.  Was this what you had in mind?

Great program!
What I miss though is:

* rating column and possibility to set the rating of a song by mouseclick or shortcut key

* drag and drop support of an mp3 or folder of mp3s to the icon of Trout I placed in Quickstart of the Windows Toolbar

Any plans for those features or to release the code as open source?
-dodenonnonisos (January 02, 2009, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) Unfortunately, I've never been much for rating tunes.  Also, I was hoping to forever :D stay away from actually modifying user's files.  Apologies.
2) Drag and drop to icons should most definitely work; I just tested it on another one of my boxes to be sure.  Does it work on a desktop icon?  Also, if you use the minibars, you can drop files/folders right onto them.
3) I've no interest in making the source open.  That being said, I'm more than happy to share techniques or pieces of the code if there was something specific you're interested in.

Thank you for your kind compliment and suggestions.

apfel:
May I ask how your Windows box is set up under Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced tab -> Language for non-Unicode programs?
--- End quote ---

Russian, but I own also tracks with chines/korean/japanese characters.
(Unicode autohotkey-> http://de.autohotkey.com/forum/topic2873.html)

Found strange behavior, after click on "save playlist" -> Cancle/CloseButton, Trout anyway saves the playlist under  ".tpl".

When you drop Folder with Music, the folder will be added as an item and not the tracks.

skwire:
Russian, but I own also tracks with chines/korean/japanese characters.
(Unicode autohotkey-> http://de.autohotkey.com/forum/topic2873.html)
-apfel (January 02, 2009, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll ask dR about this the next time I see him on IRC.

Found strange behavior, after click on "save playlist" -> Cancle/CloseButton, Trout anyway saves the playlist under  ".tpl".
--- End quote ---
Fixed.  Thank you.  Installer and zip have been updated.

When you drop Folder with Music, the folder will be added as an item and not the tracks.
--- End quote ---
Could you elaborate, please?  Dropping onto what, the playlist?  If so, I'm not sure what the issue could be since I use that functionality all day long without issue.  Thanks for your continued feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version