ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (164/174) > >>

skwire:
Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.6 build 63 - 2012-06-16
    * Shortened filepath displayed in the statusbar to 64 characters.  (Thanks, AEN007)

therube:
Option to add only the minimal amount of needed data when loading a folder.
Missing info could be added when the actual song is played, or when selected song(s) are selected for "playlist tag update".

As it is I'm running on 1 hour in playlist load time & I'm nowhere near completed.
So far its cataloged ~23000 files, & in the end, should it ever finish, it will be around 70K.

skwire:
As it is I'm running on 1 hour in playlist load time & I'm nowhere near completed.
So far its cataloged ~23000 files-therube (December 21, 2012, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...that's odd.  I just ran a test and was able to load 23,000 files in ~11 minutes.   :huh:  At any rate, I never designed Trout to run with that many items in its list.

skwire:
Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.6 build 67 - 2013-02-02
    + Added playback support for the Opus audio codec.  Tags are not supported at
      this time.

Lowtone:
Hello,
I use Trout, almost everyday, since two years, and i really appreciate it. It is one of the best music player around.
( version 1.0.6 build 67
I just noticed some very minor issues and has some new ideas to make it even better.

The "channels" column has only numbers like 1 or 2, but stays often wide because the word channels is longer than 1 or 2.
I also noticed that the width of the columns is not kept when i start the program again.

Is it possible to have a column that says if the file si 16 or 24 bits ( or else ? )
Is it possible to have an option that allows crossfading between songs ?
Can a streaming option ( à la Shoutcast / Icecast ) be added ?

Something i haven't tested yet : do Trout knows how to use replay-gain ?
Side question : is it possible to apply a general replay-gain to all the files?

I use Trout mostly with Flac files, some Wav, some Aiff and a bunch of Ape, and currently i have almost 7000 songs
But i'm going to have more and more songs.
I am not a programmer at all, so i have no idea how my ideas can be implemented if you like them.
I just hope it's not too much work or bothering.

Thanks a lot for this very useful and conveinient program  :Thmbsup:
Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version