ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (140/174) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm having a strange issue. When I click Help -> Check for Updates, I get the following:

If it's not obvious, the problem is that it doesn't even check for updates for Trout. It only checks for updates for DcUpdater. (Current version is Trout 1.0.5 build 85)

I don't know if this is a problem with Trout or with DcUpdater or DCUHelper or what.

Winkie:
I'm having a strange issue. When I click Help -> Check for Updates, I get the following:
 (see attachment in previous post)
If it's not obvious, the problem is that it doesn't even check for updates for Trout. It only checks for updates for DcUpdater. (Current version is Trout 1.0.5 build 85)

I don't know if this is a problem with Trout or with DcUpdater or DCUHelper or what.
-Deozaan (April 08, 2011, 03:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like a problem with Trout to me. It looks like Trout creates the Trout.dcupdate file when you click Help -> Check for updates. And the file it creates is missing all xml-brackets at the beginning of each line...
If you manually add the inequality sign <  to the beginning of each line which does not have one, double clicking dcupdate file works.

skwire:
Thanks, guys.  I don't know what the hell happened there.  Obviously, you're going to have to update manually for this version.

Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.5 build 86 - 2011-04-08
    ! Fixed an issue with the updater.  (Thanks, Deozaan & Winkie)

bob99:

I looked through the post & didn't see where this has been asked before.  Is it possible to add a bookmark function?  Or is it there and I just haven't found it?

Along with music I also use Trout to listen to previously downloaded podcasts.  Sometimes there is something I would like to go back and listen to again to make a note of something said.  Now I keep Trout on the screen and jot down the TE or TR for the show I'm listening to and go back later.  If a hotkey could be pressed to save some of the tag info and a TE or TR it would make it easier to find than the slip of paper I wrote it on.

Deozaan:
Thanks, guys.  I don't know what the hell happened there.  Obviously, you're going to have to update manually for this version.

Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.5 build 86 - 2011-04-08
    ! Fixed an issue with the updater.  (Thanks, Deozaan & Winkie)
-skwire (April 08, 2011, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for fixing that! I've encountered another update related issue:

I know I downloaded the Portable version, but the DcUpdate file links to download the exe which runs the installer? Shouldn't it download and unpack the zip file over the current files?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version