ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (133/174) > >>

skwire:
Also, consider this:  you've already made trout, so all the playlist and music playing functionality is created.  So the things to add would be the scheduling options and the snooze.  I don't know how hard that is, but to me it sounds easier than the music player part, which is done and already very nice.-superboyac (February 14, 2011, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I won't be adding alarm functionality to Trout as I like tools that do one thing and, hopefully, do it well.  As for an alarm clock app, I simply don't want to get tied up in a huge amount of options in regards to scheduling (which there can and will be).  In regards to programming, it's a right pain in the arse to try and handle all potential types of scenarios when it comes to time and schedules.

superboyac:
Also, consider this:  you've already made trout, so all the playlist and music playing functionality is created.  So the things to add would be the scheduling options and the snooze.  I don't know how hard that is, but to me it sounds easier than the music player part, which is done and already very nice.-superboyac (February 14, 2011, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I won't be adding alarm functionality to Trout as I like tools that do one thing and, hopefully, do it well.  As for an alarm clock app, I simply don't want to get tied up in a huge amount of options in regards to scheduling (which there can and will be).  In regards to programming, it's a right pain in the arse to try and handle all potential types of scenarios when it comes to time and schedules.
-skwire (February 14, 2011, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
heh heh, you must be right.  There are dozens of alarm programs out there, and they ALL take the easy way out.  Just about every single one of them.  I should just stop trying to find one, it's just wasting my time.

I also agree with you about keeping your tools distinct.  As a general rule of thumb, I've noticed very strongly that as additional, unrelated features are added to a software, it loses a lot of the appealing aspects that it once had.  I don't even mean just the bloat of it.  I've noticed that what usually happens is developers keep adding and adding features, but they fail to fix minor issues here and there that last for years.  But I like the way you do it, and the way you've been developing Trout.  You fix every little thing that is buggy, and you carefully add a feature here and there, it's a great method.  I really respect it.  And it's evident in the product.

skwire:
Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.5 build 30 - 2011-02-14
    + Added "Save playlist" to hotkey-able actions.

panzer:
Skwire, would the option Shut down Trout after x minutes be useful? For those who want to sleep in the afternoon with the help of music but do not want that after they fell asleep Trout playes on?

Yes, I know what you gonna say: just put 2, 3 songs in the playlist.  :D True, what can I say?

If this would be achievable, it would be good for those which listen music before they go to sleep in the evening to add to option I mentioned before an option that if that option is checked, then after Trout's shut down shut down (or at least put in hibernation) the comp as well so the music won't play all night.

If you find my idea stupid, please don't answer.  :D

skwire:
Skwire, would the option Shut down Trout after x minutes be useful? For those who want to sleep in the afternoon with the help of music but do not want that after they fell asleep Trout playes on?-panzer (February 15, 2011, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trout currently has a "Pause track after # minutes idle."  Is this good enough?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version