ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (11/174) > >>

nogojoe:

[/quote]

If you do have internet access checked, it will attempt to get artist/title information from freedb.org based on the CD disc ID.  If the information for that particular disc ID is not available on freedb.org, it will simply add the tracks generically as above.  Make sense?  Please let me know if it works out for you.  Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi again skwire
Just need a little further clarification.
the internet part is working ok getting the data etc and is playing the songs as it should be.

I need clarification on when Trout fails to locate the CD data of the internet does it automaticily load the songs as [D] CD Track 1 etc etc.   or do I have to manaully use file menu - add folder
At present that is what I am having to do and then I run into this problem over the files being only allowed to start from the beginning and playing straight through to the end with some of the controls having any no effect. the stop and start are ok but selecting a song lower in the list doesn't work and Trout keeps on reverting back to the 1st song being played.

Everything works perfectly when the data has been downloaded off the internet but the same can't be said with the CD that the internet can't supply the data

regards nogojoe

skwire:
I need clarification on when Trout fails to locate the CD data of the internet does it automaticily load the songs as [D] CD Track 1 etc etc.   or do I have to manaully use file menu - add folder
-nogojoe (January 07, 2009, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
It should load the generic titles automatically.

At present that is what I am having to do and then I run into this problem over the files being only allowed to start from the beginning and playing straight through to the end with some of the controls having any no effect. the stop and start are ok but selecting a song lower in the list doesn't work and Trout keeps on reverting back to the 1st song being played.

Everything works perfectly when the data has been downloaded off the internet but the same can't be said with the CD that the internet can't supply the data
-nogojoe (January 07, 2009, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
That is very odd because it shouldn't matter what is showing under the tag columns.  The column that matters for all playback is the path column.  That column should be the same whether there is internet data or not.  So, to summarise:

1) You have "Allow internet access" checked.
2) You try a CD that doesn't have a freedb match (so it should default to generic titles).
3) You don't see the generic titles listed?  Or do you?

skwire:
in Billy, you can set it so that if it's your default audio player, and you double-click one file in explorer, all files in that folder are loaded into the current playlist. it's just a quick way of loading an album.
-garbanzo (January 05, 2009, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, Trout does not currently support that type of functionality.

skwire:
v1.0.1 build 73
    + Added option for a custom string display when tags are missing.  The
      default string is "<missing>" but you can change it to whatever you'd
      like.  Tools, Options, General, Tags section. [Thanks, app103]

Still no tag editing but at least you don't have to stare at blank cells now.  =]

nogojoe:

1) You have "Allow internet access" checked.
2) You try a CD that doesn't have a freedb match (so it should default to generic titles).
3) You don't see the generic titles listed?  Or do you?

[/quote]

Hi skwire

The trouble I am having now is with  "allow internet access" enabled trout searches for the data
and comes up with this on the bottom taskbar 

Match found for Disc IDf20b6d10  Track titles added .......  But there is nothing added!!!! blank window.

On some discs it loads the appropiate data almost instantly as it should.

On the above disc quoted with the internet access unchecked it instantly load the music files as Track 1 etc and Trout works as it should.

I uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest v 73

nogojoe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version