ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (40/174) > >>

app103:
    + Added a "Remove track after playback" option to the View menu.  This will make Trout act
      in a sort of queue mode.  [Thanks, app103]
-skwire (February 22, 2009, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks app, and thanks skwire for adding it! I can see this might come in handy.
-brotherS (February 22, 2009, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is a playlist style I have only seen in lala.com's online player and I really liked it. It turns the playlist into a queue. As I acquire new files I just add them to the list and they will eventually get played without me having to fuss with it or wondering "have I heard that yet?".

But what makes this better than lala's queue is that Trout lets you load more than 50 files, so I can throw my whole collection on it to start with, and just let it go till it's empty, and then repeat (if it ever actually gets empty).

brotherS:
And another small thing: when the "TE" (elapsed) time is smaller than the set "seek jump interval", Trout will not always jump back to the beginning of the file when that hotkey is used once.
That's annoying me a bit more today, I hope it's easy to fix! :)
-brotherS (February 21, 2009, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Try the latest build (v1.0.2.150)
-skwire (February 22, 2009, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Works now, thanks!  :)

brotherS:
v1.0.2 build 153
    + Added a "Play track/beep between tracks" options.  This is mainly for listening to audio
      books so you can be alerted to chapter changes, etc.  You set the options under Options,
      General and toggle the functionality using the List menu entry. [Thanks, brotherS & mouser]

--- End quote ---
Thanks for adding that feature! Two improvement suggestions:
- allow the user to toggle it in the options also (was confusing to me at first)
- if possible with AHK (I know this from another program), add a tiny play putton next to where you can select a file to be played in the options

skwire:
I see you caught my silent update.   :D

v1.0.2 build 153
    + New option under Options, General.  You can now set how the listview behaves when dropping
      files on it (or the minibars).  Choices are:
      - Never clear the existing playlist (Default/current way)
      - Always clear the existing playlist
      - Always ask me what to do
      [Thanks, mouser]
    + Created a new "List" menu entry and moved the "Remove track after playback" option to it.
    + Added a "Play track/beep between tracks" options.  This is mainly for listening to audio
      books so you can be alerted to chapter changes, etc.  You set the options under Options,
      General and toggle the functionality using the List menu entry. [Thanks, brotherS & mouser]
    ! Fixed a seeking issue where Trout wouldn't behave properly if the elapsed time was smaller
      than the user-set seek interval.  This also cropped up if the remaining time was less than
      the seek interval.  [Thanks, brotherS]

skwire:
Build 154 has your play button in it.  I believe this is what you were thinking of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version