ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (26/174) > >>

app103:
Hmm, I love the idea of having an ahk tool to play music.
However, I cannot get it to work. It just doesn't show up... I reported my problem here. Of course this is my computer only. I'm just posting here in case anyone (skwire?) knows what all the programs that don't pop up have in common. I use other ahk tools and they do pop up fine.

Thanks!
-urlwolf (January 30, 2009, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried this? I used to have similar problems and it fixed my issue.

It could be related to the total number of GDI objects your system is using. One of the symptoms of hitting the limit is context menus that get shorter, missing entries...and when attempting to open more applications, they just won't open (or if they do open, they look messed up), no error message or anything. (can't give you an error message that needs GDI objects to display it when you have hit that limit, till you go under that limit again)

On a related note, I may have tracked down the single application that is most responsible for hitting that limit on my system (embarrassed that it's one of my own...very nasty bug I need to fix!  :-[)

mouser:
embarrassed that it's one of my own
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tomos:
hmm  :-[
I hadnt thought this "refresh" thing through at all
I had been thinking to reload the current folder (and subfolders, yes) but it sounds a lot more complex than I had thought ...
-tomos (January 30, 2009, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, it is, mainly because Trout doesn't really work on a directory level; it cares about full paths.  However, I could envision an option where you could add a folder or folders that Trout would know to sync the list from.  Does that make sense?
-skwire (January 30, 2009, 07:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes,
that sound's good, as I say - if possible - you're the boss here so it's your call !!

skwire:
Hmm, I love the idea of having an ahk tool to play music.
However, I cannot get it to work. It just doesn't show up... I reported my problem here. Of course this is my computer only. I'm just posting here in case anyone (skwire?) knows what all the programs that don't pop up have in common. I use other ahk tools and they do pop up fine.
-urlwolf (January 30, 2009, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Honestly, I have no idea why it won't appear.  I'm confused, though.  From your previous problem report link, it seems that you found the problem app (TrayIt)? 

I am well aware of, and use, the desktop heap fix that app103 mentioned.  Did you try it?  That being said, there should be nothing in Trout that would use massive amounts of desktop heap resources.

skwire:
that sound's good, as I say - if possible - you're the boss here so it's your call !!
-tomos (January 30, 2009, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Let's assume we go with this method.  How would you like it synced?  Here are two possible methods:
1) Clear the playlist and rebuild it from the specified folders.
2) Clear only dead entries, re-scan tags of existing files, and add any new files found to the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version