ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another 'Lifetime' license bites the dust

<< < (17/24) > >>

Hirudin:
Why not just make it the "lifetime" of the exact unit you got? If the unit is broken, clearly its lifetime has run its course.

zridling:
Why not just make it the "lifetime" of the exact unit you got? If the unit is broken, clearly its lifetime has run its course.
-Hirudin (January 09, 2009, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That can easily be qualified to the consumer as a Limited Lifetime Warranty in that case. Much more honest. If a company isn't honest in its dealings with consumers, then they won't be in business long. Oh wait, that's not true now, is it?

mwb1100:
-Hirudin (January 09, 2009, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't believe this didn't cross my mind.  Clearly, we have the Ultimate Lifetime Guarantee (from the vendor's point of view) here!

Carol Haynes:
Outdoor clothing (eg. Goretex jackets) used to come with lifetime warranties (and some still do) but often the lifetime is "the lifetime of the product" - ie. if it is worn out, rather than a manufacturing or materials failure, then there is no warranty.

Having said that when I was working as a professional outdoor instructor and needed clothing to keep me dry all day, everyday in February weather I purchased a Marmot jacket (at the time it cost over £400) with a lifetime warranty. After 4 years it started to leak so I sent it back to Marmot (without much hope) but they sent me a brand new top of the range jacket almost by return of post (list price over £450) and I am still using that one! About 9 years later my £400 purchase that seemed excessive at the time now seems good value for money!

sazzen:
After participating in this discussion, I decided I should check on the update status of my Xplorer2 program and found that my year was up on October 7 of last year. So- I emailed them to find out if I can still download any updates that became available before my time was up.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version