ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo set columns in Explorer Vista?

(1/1)

Curt:
Question:
How do I apply the same columns to all folders in the Music directory (only)?  tellme

---
Finally my new Vista was up and running, and now it was time to listen to some music! Now, where do I want to start? Hmm..., what is that: "Genre", "Classification" (rating)? I don't want those two columns! But I do want to also see the lenght (duration?) and the file size. Okay, done. Hmm... How to make it happen to all folders in 'My Music'? Maybe if I do it in the Music directory, like this:

- and remember to click "add to sub folders"?

No, wrong! The sub folders all show it the same old "wrong way" (including Genre and Klassification):
(I prefer "længde"+"størrelse" over "genre"+"classification")

Damn it, it can't be true, can it? Am I to manually make this setting in 2500 folders? No, of course not; even Microsoft cannot be that stupid - the stupid one must be me! I managed to ALMOST make it happen, only to realize that I had applied the same "musical" setting to all folders on the entire computer! We can't have that!

Question: How do I apply the same columns to all folders in the Music directory (only)?  :tellme:

I thought I knew the answer, but Vista has been showing me that I didn't.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version