ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: CrazyLittleFingers

<< < (4/15) > >>

ghacks:
Kwacky nice program. I have one question though. You mention sounds in the introduction, is that something that you still need to implement? Another question, what about the directory structure, do you have plans to allow multiple image sets?

PhilB66:
Martin (ghacks) forgot to mention his blog post "Protect Your Computer From Crazy Little Fingers"

kwacky1:
2ghacks

Sounds implemented, I just don't have any :)

Directory Structure completely customisable..  There's currently 2 modes

* Media Pack mode (thanks mouser) which is the whole a is for aardvark etc etc... (although I may not have enough images to release a full MediaPack by tonight)
* MyPictures mode, which is, point CLF to any directory that contains pictures and CLF will search that directory and all subdirectories and show them randomly.
These will be configurable, so you will have the option to choose from different sets of media (currently only 1 but i would hope that the community will contribute their own over time) or MyPictures mode.

My implementation of MediaPack/Rewards mode works like this.
  CLF searches the assigned Key directory (eg. a) for all files, chooses 1 at random and ignores the extension, with that info, a second routine steps in and searches the key directory for all files starting with the found file.  So if aardvark.jpg is found, clf will search a\aardvark.* and display any other related files, eg aardvark.wav. (does anyone know what sound an aardvark makes?  :D )

and :-[ thanks you so much for the post on your blog!  I hope I can live up to your expectations!

Well the clock is ticking.  :tellme:

kwacky1:
Well there you go, it's done  :D

I hope you like it, it's not quite the finished product I had envisioned but it does what I set out to do and the future only holds promise for more options, more themes and better interaction (especially as my daughter gets older and more demanding  ;) )

Happy New Year everybody and I look forward to checking out some of the other NANY releases now that I've got a bit more time available.  :P

jocelyn:
Unless I miss something, dual monitor are not really supported.
At least for me (win XP Pro x64), the second monitor is usabled with the mouse .. and thus it is possible to do bad things with the mouse.
Except this, this is really a useful tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version