ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com Book Collector 6

<< < (2/7) > >>

Carol Haynes:
As far as I know you can't use a v6 license for v5. If the program doesn't do the job, you should probably ask for a refund. Many things can and have been said about Collectorz.com, but they're pretty quick giving refunds to unhappy customers.

I too think the v5 was far better than the current version, especially since I could actually search the Norwegian National Library, which was very useful for me! The decision to drop pre-ISBN books in their database is pretty aweful, although at least they're not closing the door on a solution. I'll be very surprised if they really succeed with their new BoC and MoC strategy. At least I have lifetime licenses for both as well as for Music Collector... :-[
-TucknDar (December 11, 2008, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Being cynical I think Collectorz are working hard to get rid of their lifetime upgrade customers by producing software aimed at another market. I don't know who that other market is and I am not sure they do either.

The irony is that they will not be able to use their own products - being based in Europe!!!

TucknDar:
Yes, the software will certainly work better for US customers, although I've seen someone claiming that Collectorz were now aiming at the European market :huh: At least Book Collector 6 search is somewhat useable (since it uses other sources when it can't find a book in Collectorz database), whereas Movie Collector 6 search is pretty much useless for my purchases, except when I buy non-Norwegian editions.

mwfuss:
I use the program Readerware and I am very satisfied with it. If I remember correctly from a brief trial of Book Collector a few years ago, Readerware may not be as visually appealing, but it does what it is supposed to do and it does it very well. You simply input an ISBN or a group of ISBN,s, tell the program which databases to search, and it will find your book and the necessary information. You can also use a bar coder to input your books, but I have no experience with that feature.

Readerware

Edit: I just noticed from the Readerware site that they are offering all of their products at a 15% discount until December 31, 2008.

Cloq:
I sure hope they plan on adding back multiple sources for movie collector... or at the very least, provide a plugin architecture for others to develop plugins.

Crud.. didn't mean to go off on a tangent. I saw key words.. Collector 6.

Thanks Josh.

Josh:
Cloq: Read here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version