ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How will the Earth end?

<< < (16/19) > >>

Shades:
Don't worry, I will open/close the "faucet" to the electricity production plant. so you will see the whole country blinking that way (beats a torch)  ;D

Where is your plane landing, if I may boldly ask?
If it is Sao Paulo International airport, then I wholeheartedly suggest that you book a room in a decent hotel and have one of their cabs pick you up. At night that place is dangerous (because the poorest of the poor live right next to the airport). When I came through that airport a cab drove me to the international bus station. That trip took me right next the "village" (a house there is just a pallet on its side with a piece of plastic)...and I understood why other people warned me to not be in the airport at night.

Hmmm, I could tell you a story about what happened the one time I flew back to Holland, using Sao Paulo I.A. ...but that is too off-topic. But if you (or the BLAZEMONGER Inc "Customer Service" Department) keep bothering me I will tell. :o

4wd:
Where is your plane landing, if I may boldly ask?-Shades (December 21, 2008, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

[Going way OT]
We're flying Buenos Aires to Lima on a extreme whistle-stop tour of Peru before catching an Antartic cruise ship at Santiago.
[/Going way OT]

Damnit!   Just spent the better part of the afternoon reading all those old BLAZEMONGER posts.....
Now I'll have to see if I can get Amiga Forever running on the Aspire One.....the ultimate portable Amiga  8)

city_zen:
[Going way OT]
We're flying Buenos Aires to Lima on a extreme whistle-stop tour of Peru before catching an Antartic cruise ship at Santiago.
[/Going way OT]
-4wd (December 21, 2008, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

[Staying way OT]
Hey! How long will you stay in BA? Drop by and say hi while you're here if you want  :)
[/Staying way OT]

4wd:
[Going way OT]
[/Going way OT]
-4wd (December 21, 2008, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

[Staying way OT]
Hey! How long will you stay in BA? Drop by and say hi while you're here if you want  :)
[/Staying way OT]
-city_zen (December 23, 2008, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was just going to be overnight, (and only 3km away from Ezeiza - fly in 1100, leave 0930 next day and for that privilege I get to pay for a US$100 visa on arrival - you may be able to pick up on the fact I'm not particularly thrilled with that idea), but unfortunately my passport came back with it's Brazilian Visa in an unheard of 6 working days, (they say a minimum of 10 working days......if you're lucky), and that was Melbourne->Canberra->Melbourne......they must have been bored.

So my wife has now decided she must go to see Iguazu, (personally I'm not bothered, it's just a waterfall....I've seen waterfalls before, no doubt I'll see them again), so it'll possibly end up being: fly in to EZE, transfer to AEP, fly to IGR, stay 2 nights and watch gravity at work, fly to AEP, stay o/n at EZE and then out the next day.

The cruise ship stops at BA on the way back up to Rio but I don't know whether we'll be getting off for the day, (I don't even know if the on-arrival-visa at EZE will allow me to do multiple entry to Argentina).

Attached is the cruise info, (for Santiago -> Rio but you can also do Santiago -> BA for US$400 less).

Carol Haynes:
Fascinating that a thread entitled "How will the Earth end?" becomes a travelogue (and how appropriate;))

Have a great time - sounds like great fun. Try and be brave about the waterfall!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version