ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Should retailers be held accountable for recommendations?

<< < (4/4)

cthorpe:
Just an update on the whole NewEgg thing.  Both drives were accepted back from NewEgg without hesitation for full refunds. 

After spending considerable time on NewEgg's website to determine the best replacement HDs, I made an order and ended up with 2 DOA drives that would not format in the NAS or when connected directly to my PC through onboard SATA.  So they went back as well.  Again free shipping back due to ShopRunner (see below).

While I appreciate NewEgg handling my returns with no problems at all, I need working drives for my NAS.  I ended up going to my local BB and spending a little more to buy a pair of drives so I don't have to wait for returns and such if they go bad.

New drives installed and formatted without a hitch.  The NAS is compatible with fun_plug which allows you to access the linux os, so I have been playing around with lots of cool stuff.

I will be posting a review and some more about fun_plug soon.

As for the free returns: It turns out that was a benefit of signing up for ShopRunner (http://www.shoprunner.com/) when I made a recent online purchase of an extremely heavy and bulky dehumidifier.  ShopRunner is like Amazon Prime but it works at various online retailers.  I intended to cancel before the free trial month was up, but considering it has already more than covered its annual cost, I might keep it.  The orders have arrived from NewEgg within 2 days, however returns take forever as they use the cheapest possible method to get items back to the retailers.

wraith808:
As for the free returns: It turns out that was a benefit of signing up for ShopRunner (http://www.shoprunner.com/) when I made a recent online purchase of an extremely heavy and bulky dehumidifier.  ShopRunner is like Amazon Prime but it works at various online retailers.
-cthorpe (June 20, 2011, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... that's a major difference then.  All of my returns using Prime have been cross ship, and have used UPS to be trackable.  But it still sounds cool- I've been thinking about it because I use Prime so much...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version