ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: LifeSaver diary

<< < (12/12)

Andreas Hofmann:
May I suggest making it compatible with Vista/7 by using the application data functionality? I just installed it, started it, created a new journal and when I wanted to create a new entry, I got this exception:

SpoilerSystem.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\LifeSaver\2009.lsd-1251885595815-local 1251885595809-2795304854568589289.transaction' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at SupportClass.RandomAccessFileSupport.CreateRandomAccessFile(String fileName, String mode)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.MultiBufferedFileIO.Init(String fileName, Boolean canWrite)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.IOFactory.GetInstance(String name, Session session, IBaseIdentification parameters, Int32 bufferSize)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.Acid.Transaction.CheckFileAccess(Boolean canWrite, String fileName)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.Acid.Transaction.Persist()
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.Acid.Transaction.AddWriteAction(WriteAction writeAction, Boolean persistWriteAcion)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.Acid.Transaction.AddWriteAction(WriteAction writeAction)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.Acid.Transaction.set_WritePosition(Int64 value)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.FileSystemInterface.SetWritePosition(Int64 position, Boolean writeInTransacation)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.ObjectWriter.UpdateClassPositionForIdWithPosition(Int64 idPosition, Int64 objectPosition, Boolean writeInTransaction)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.IdManager.UpdateClassPositionForId(OID classId, Int64 objectPosition, Boolean writeInTransaction)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.LocalStorageEngine.PersistClass(ClassInfo newClassInfo, Int32 lastClassInfoIndex, Boolean addClass, Boolean addDependentClasses)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.LocalStorageEngine.AddClass(ClassInfo newClassInfo, Boolean addDependentClasses)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.LocalStorageEngine.AddClasses(ClassInfoList classInfoList)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.LocalStorageEngine.internalStore(OID oid, Object object_Renamed)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.LocalStorageEngine.internalStore(Object object_Renamed)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Core.IO.LocalStorageEngine.Store(Object object_Renamed)
   at Neodatis.Odb.Main.ODBAdapter.Store(Object object_Renamed)
   at LifeSaverApp.Diary.SaveEntry(Entry theEntry)
   at LifeSaverApp.MainForm.MakeNewEntry()
   at LifeSaverApp.MainForm.cmdNewEntry_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I can use the software by running it as Administrator, but that should not be necessary and is a hassle (for some reason, I can't rightclick on the created shortcuts and select "Run as Administrator", I have to navigate to C:\Program Files\LifeSaver and do it directly on LifeSaverApp.exe)

Once I've got it running, I really like it so far.

Andreas Hofmann:
Another tiny suggestion: When opening a file, the password dialog pops up. If the focus were on the input field, one could immediately type the password instead of having to click with the mouse first.

And as has already been mentioned above, the not updating entry list often startles me. Especially when I start the program for the second time on a day and all entries for the day seem to have disappeared.  :o

J-Mac:
Hey CW...

Two quick questions:

* First, are you still developing this? Looks nice so far!
* Second, does this just run from the setup file, like a portable app? Or does it install to Windows?
Thanks!

Jim

CWuestefeld:
First, are you still developing this? Looks nice so far!-J-Mac (November 26, 2009, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't done much in a while. I've got a number of unreleased enhancements, waiting because a bug in the database engine created a risk that they could corrupt the datafile. That's a very bad thing for an app like this, so I've been holding off.

However, they're recently released changes that should help. Now I've got to get off my butt and integrate the new version.

Second, does this just run from the setup file, like a portable app? Or does it install to Windows?-J-Mac (November 26, 2009, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is a proper installer. However, once installed, I think it could be copied onto a portable device. You'd only be losing the file associations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version