ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New duplicate file finder... I am open to features suggestion

<< < (9/10) > >>

Dormouse:
sure is beautiful looking.-mouser (March 01, 2009, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have to agree with that.

AsmDev:
Hello,

I'd just like to let you know that I have finally released DupeTrasher. You can check it out on www.dupetrasher.com

Thanks goes to everyone for their suggestions, and for those who helped me beta test it I will send a free license this weekend. Other members from this community who are interested in this program can get it with the 40% discount. I've posted details and coupon code on this new topic

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19901.0

I hope this will become your new favorite duplicate file finder :). Thanks again for your posts!

nharding:
In DCDisplay I am planning on adding a report of all archives found, which would check the contents of the archives to find duplicates.

Say you have file.zip which has 1.jpg 2.txt files inside it, it would produce a checksum of the contents of those files, so even if it was resaved with compression options, or even as a rar file it would still be possible to detect the fact it is a duplicate (the filenames of the contents would be ignored, so it would allow for even more cases) as well as excluding certains files inside the archive (thumbs.db in particular)

Neil

dpayment:
Hi Milos, I'd like to add my vote to this feature. I have thousands of ebooks I've been collecting for some time now, but the problem is that while the filenames are the same, I have every ebook extension you can name, which leaves me with dozens of copies of the same book. I'd like to be able to specify a wildcard search for all files where the name is the same but the extension is different. Not sure if I'm being clear enough, but to do this manually would take me months.

Thanks,
Dan :Thmbsup:

- Possibility of several "levels" of similarity between files. For example: a) exactly the same, b) same name, different size, c) similar name, same size, same date, and so on
-city_zen (December 04, 2008, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Add to that, same root name but different extension, so you can flag e.g. ZIP and RAR archives that are really the same.

-rjbull (December 05, 2008, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
Sounds like you might want to look at an ebook manager instead, dpayment - while it's not perfect and it forces it's workflow upon you, I've found Calibre to be pretty good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version