ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New duplicate file finder... I am open to features suggestion

<< < (5/10) > >>

4wd:
PS. OK, dumb question, what's the magic for adding an image as a thumbnail?
--- End quote ---
see here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1996.0
-mouser (December 05, 2008, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Woohoo!  Thanks mouser.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

f0dder:
Hey Milos,

I don't use dupe finders myself, but just wanted to give a heads-up and say nice seeing you here :)

city_zen:
Till now I miss in this kind of software automatic symlink or hardlink creation to clones. (hardlinks should be retestable in case the original file has been deleted)
-Crush (December 05, 2008, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's a good suggestion. By the way, Duplicate Cleaner has that feature (this thread made me start researching the subject a bit  :D)

Crush:
@city_zen
Hey, thanx for your research! Cool Freeware!  :Thmbsup:

MrCrispy:
Hi Milos,

Welcome to this site, I am very glad to see you here as your programs are really fast and appear to be well coded! One of the features I'd like in duplicate scanners is the ability to define exactly what constitutes a match. Most have builtin filters such as match by name/size/contents but that's usually it. I'd like some way to specify similarity searches based on fuzzy logic, or e.g. be able to match on html titles instead of file names. This may be more than a regular duplicates finder though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version