ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New duplicate file finder... I am open to features suggestion

<< < (3/10) > >>

tsaint:
Thinking pairs of duplicates is a worry....
If you have duplicates A, B and C and matches are presented in pairs, it is possible to get this:
Match A B ..... delete A
other matches .....
Match B C ..... delete B
other matches ....
Match C A ..... delete C
End result = no duplicates, but no single copy either.

If these pairings are seperated by several other matches it's too easy to lose track of what you're doing. To my mind much better to see a list with, for example, check boxes, with all matching duplicates grouped together

Darwin:
If these pairings are seperated by several other matches it's too easy to lose track of what you're doing. To my mind much better to see a list with, for example, check boxes, with all matching duplicates grouped together
-tsaint (December 05, 2008, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is what I'm suggesting as well - unfortunate that  chose to limit my example to two files.

File Name
-------->Location One
-------->Location Two
-------->Location Three
-------->Location Four
...........Etc.

If you look at the first group in Vitaly's screen shot, it looks like he's already implemented this. Of course, it's 7 am here and I've only had one cup of coffee, so...  :o

BTW, I've been reading through TFM for DoubleKiller Pro and I can't see how to do this there. Caffeine caveat applies here, too, though...

PS WRT file grouping, it's the file name as group header that I'm looking for (in DoubleKiller)

tsaint:
Sorry Darwin, I meant to say I supported your idea but somehow I left that bit out. My apologies.

Crush:
Till now I miss in this kind of software automatic symlink or hardlink creation to clones. (hardlinks should be retestable in case the original file has been deleted)

Darwin:
Sorry Darwin, I meant to say I supported your idea but somehow I left that bit out. My apologies.
-tsaint (December 05, 2008, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D No worries!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version