ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Instantly Increasing Password Strength

<< < (6/6)

Edvard:
I use "Keypass" to store my passwords. It also offers to create random passwords with a single click.

What I really hate is that many websites limits the maximum password length.
-Mattphoes (March 19, 2011, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oooh, yeah I hate that.
OR even worse, when they won't accept special characters... like MY BANK!!

I have many of my passwords as a pattern consisting of the first few letters of the name of the website interspersed with numbers and characters chosen by their relative position on the keyboard.
Security (yes I know, that's relative) and memorability FTW.

The only problem with that is, if I ever find myself on a Dvorak keyboard, I'm screwed.  :-[

jgpaiva:
I use "Keypass" to store my passwords. It also offers to create random passwords with a single click.

--- End quote ---
Better yet: some truncate your password [to a smaller length] and don't tell you anything. So, when you try to use your large password generated with keepass, you can't get access. It happened to me at least once!

Stoic Joker:

--- End quote ---
Better yet: some truncate your password [to a smaller length] and don't tell you anything. So, when you try to use your large password generated with keepass, you can't get access. It happened to me at least once!
-jgpaiva (March 23, 2011, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Damn, that's just cold ... If they're gonna just trunc it blind they ought to do it on both ends so you're not locked out from square one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version