ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Final Release: CZB package

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
yes the $ is important or it starts loading my .js.bak backup files!

czb:
Hi,
great you like it. To the comments:
A couple of things:
1) can another line be added to each item in the fssc list which shows author info and web page link?  Maybe also a line with sample usage?  or these can all be combined into the description field.
2) when an fsubscript script is disabled, it probably shouldnt show up in the aplugins list
3) i think the settings stuff and the script listing/disabling should be part of the official fscript release when it goes final -- no point in not having this amazing functionality.
4) i think in aplugins list, there should be some indication of which items are fsubscript scripts vs. standalone plugins.
5) double clicking an fsubscript script in the aplugins list should bring up fssc i think.

I would also like to start bundling f(sub)script into the farr releases -- there is absolutely no reason anyone should have to live without this.
-mouser (December 04, 2008, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
1) Yes surely it can. What I would suggest you or anyone else to do is to make some fancy html template which I can implement ;)
2) Good point. I will work it out but I will have to do a very slight modification of fscript.js which would check if plugin contains at least some means of communication with FARR. If not it will no display it. And because deactivation of plugin means renaming (deleting a creating) init, search functions into init_bak etc it will behave as if there is no plugin :)
3) Yes.. I think so. But still I would like to keep it as plugin so I do not have to put it directly into fscript.js. Just the plugin will be bundled with fscript.js as mixer and other fsubscripts
4) ok this is also for discussion with ewemoa
5) Well rather it should point to fsubscript plugin settings if there is any. And if there is no settings then it should point to fssc. If ewemoa is not against I can rewrite it :Thmbsup:

On a side note, I get something about: plugin CZB_FSubScript_extension_pack has failed on init
-ewemoa (December 04, 2008, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing out. Could you pls disable try catch statement and tell me more what you get from MSE? There might be some important bug so I would like to correct that

BTW, czb, would you consider either removing...
-ewemoa (December 04, 2008, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes removing it is a good idea ;) I will do that. Actualy I already did on github

ewemoa:
On a side note, I get something about: plugin CZB_FSubScript_extension_pack has failed on init
-ewemoa (December 04, 2008, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for pointing out. Could you pls disable try catch statement and tell me more what you get from MSE? There might be some important bug so I would like to correct that
-czb (December 05, 2008, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

What I learned from investigation (not in-depth, sorry, too tired for that) is that if you delete a plugin (e.g. delete its folder) and FARR's user variable system has a record about that plugin being deactivated, this may cause errors on next start up (and various other points).  It is easy to test. 

Here is one way:

Deactivate Mixer
Quit FARR
Delete Mixer (or move it out from under the Plugins folder hierarchy)
Start FARR

This reproduces the error on my system.  Hopefully you can see it too :)

Too tired to reply to rest -- may be I can try again after I am rested.

czb:
Oh I know.. that is because you do not use my fscript.js  8)
I have there a small correction.. take a look here:
http://github.com/czb/fsubscript/commit/2ea080dd3573ed69ee830b1d081153986ca150bc

ewemoa:
It looks to me like:

http://github.com/czb/fsubscript/commit/2ea080dd3573ed69ee830b1d081153986ca150bc

refers to a difference in fscript.js:

-      if (!pi.setStrValue) { continue; }
+      if (!pi || !pi.setStrValue) { continue; }

I think what I tested w/ had that change.  I tested w/ an installation of FARR that I have set up especially for http://github.com/czb/fsubscript/.

To make sure, I performed the steps in my previous post and I saw the same results.

On a side note, I'd like to discuss the activate/deactivate mechanism of plugins a bit -- I took a look at some of the code for deactivation and I think I see that it may not get along so well with a couple of my plugins (Mixer and Keyser both of which do background processing).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version