ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: JustCloseSomeTasks 1.21

<< < (13/14) > >>

justice:
Hi dexterous, it's a good idea in theory for your situation but it will have too many unintended consequences - forcibly closing applications will cause data loss for some people to just name one side effect so i'm currently of the view that I should not implement it.

However it should be fairly easy to do this in other ways:
* use Skrommels RunSaver (run a command as a screensaver) to close firefox when the screensaver starts
* create a new task in the task scheduler that runs when the computer is idle (windows vista and up I think or third party task scheduler)

The program itself is a small Autohotkey script:

--- ---#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
GroupAdd, foxes, Firefox
WinClose, ahk_group foxes
Sleep, 10*1000
WinKill, ahk_group foxes

By the way is anyone still using this program? I know I haven't been very active lately - if there's still demand for updates though I might have another look at this.

justice:
Version 1.21 is ready! Some usability & sustainability improvements.

Date: 08 July 2009

Changes:
* Press ESC to close the main window (thanks brotherS)
* Doubleclick to switch to the app (thanks brotherS)
* Added a one-off message after the first 25 uses to consider pledging $0.59, then never again.
* Added a new preference option 'Enable one-off Donation reminder' that you can untick so you are never bothered (Alternatively you can manually add ShowDonation=0 to the [main] section of settings.ini)
* checkboxes in preferences window will now show true values (oops)

Download Page (or Help > Check for Updates)

Contro:
I download your program

Thank very much

tmpusr:
I need to automatically close only certain kinds of windows like Explorer and Everything (search) after they've been inactive for n seconds. I don't need help with closing any other tasks.
Option: Learn to exclude windows with a title that has stayed open for n seconds more than n times, i.e., stop auto-closing popular windows.

Perry Mowbray:
This has just been listed on Primewares: JustCloseSomeTasks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version