ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: JustCloseSomeTasks 1.21

<< < (12/14) > >>

justice:
Ok let me go past them 1 by 1, thanks for the feedback by the way that drives this program!

- make auto-marking tasks for closure an option; I prefer to mark them myself (very long PC uptimes here)
You use JCST in a new way that I haven't thought of! Excellent :) - I thought the auto marking was the reason for using JCST. So please help me understand why you use JCST. Then I can support that kind of use better. So if you can confince me then I'll build in the option haha.

- enable the 'menu key' on the keyboard (so that it brings up the right-click menu) so that it works like in almost all other apps
Ah didn't realise that wasn't working. Will add that in.

- make double-clicking an entry "switch to" the task (like in other programs)
Good shortcut. Will add that in. edit: now you suggested it I keep clicking on the titles expecting it to switch! :D

- add an option whether using "switch to" closes the JustCloseSomeTasks UI or not
Do you wish to keep JCST open to manage multiple tasks sequentially? How would you use this?

- if possible, add "- Windows Explorer" to the explorer tasks (they now only have the folder name as task name)
Useful, will try to add that in.

- allow the user to set a global hotkey for bringing up the UI
That's already there, right click on the systray icon for JCST and choose preferences to change it. Control-[ by default.

- close the UI when ESC is pressed once
Excellent improvement once again, this will go in.

- in the UI, display the time not in seconds but in minutes when it's more than xxx seconds and in hours when it's more than yyy minutes
Good refinement, will add this in too.

brotherS:
Ok let me go past them 1 by 1, thanks for the feedback by the way that drives this program!
-justice (March 19, 2009, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome. :)

- make auto-marking tasks for closure an option; I prefer to mark them myself (very long PC uptimes here)
You use JCST in a new way that I haven't thought of! Excellent :) - I thought the auto marking was the reason for using JCST. So please help me understand why you use JCST. Then I can support that kind of use better. So if you can confince me then I'll build in the option haha.
--- End quote ---

Well, I most often have between 30 to 50 windows opened at any given moment. I sometimes forget to close some, and I like the way JCST displays them, but don't want to close *all* those old windows (for example because I want to continue to work with them the next day).

- add an option whether using "switch to" closes the JustCloseSomeTasks UI or not
Do you wish to keep JCST open to manage multiple tasks sequentially? How would you use this?
--- End quote ---

Yes, I want to jump to a task to check out if I can close it or not, then check out another task in JCST.

- allow the user to set a global hotkey for bringing up the UI
That's already there, right click on the systray icon for JCST and choose preferences to change it. Control-[ by default.
--- End quote ---

Hmm... then maybe the option is named in a way that I didn't get it. I don't want to check now because of the preferences window bug.  8)

justice:
If you press cancel on the preferences window then next time it comes up garbled. Should be fixable for TODAY now I know what the problem is.

justice:
Date: 16:18:32, 19 March 2009

Changes:
* Up to 3 times as fast due to improvements in Autohotkey.
* Pressing cancel on the preferences now works as expected. Thanks brotherS
* Added feedback link

Download Page (or Help > Check for Updates)

dexterous:
Is there an easy way for me to set it up to just auto close the auto marked tasks without hotkey intervention?

Reason why I want this is because I have my home desktop, netbook, and work PC setup to synchronize my Firefox profile with dropbox (using NTFS junction links), and a lot of the time I'll leave whatever computer I'm on and forget to close Firefox so it can't sync properly.  It'd be great if this utility could be setup to auto close firefox after it's been inactive for some period of time without me being there.

Also, a whitelist would be kinda cool for this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version