ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: JustCloseSomeTasks 1.21

<< < (7/14) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
re per application learning: Sounds good on paper Id need to track application closures outside JCST too to get enough data for this. And management options per application.-justice (December 18, 2008, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

As part of your timer procedure could you poll all the open windows each time and see which ones have been closed outside of JCST?

At the moment I'm just calculating by "total tasks closed"/"total inactive seconds" but as you experience for edge cases although simpler it's not as accurate as a scoring system like FARR. Should have called it Find and Close Robot ;)
-justice (December 18, 2008, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

That has a nice ring to it!  :D

Have you thought about notification? I'm wondering about a setting where the user can set the number of Inactive Tasks before the window pops up?

Also wondered about immediate mode where a smaller window pops up when each task goes over the expiry. Many applications are using this method of updating the user now, and it's handy (proactive programmes are very usable).

With Always On Top: should the interface be updated regularly? I also wondered about a smaller window for Always on Top, and maybe Transparent if I was going to leave it open.

PhilB66:
JCST was mentioned by Martin of gHacks.  :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
-PhilB66 (December 19, 2008, 04:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are they related to Technology Blog?  :-\

or Telephone Issues?

PhilB66:
-PhilB66 (December 19, 2008, 04:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are they related to Technology Blog?  :-\

or Telephone Issues?
-Perry Mowbray (December 19, 2008, 05:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did a quick WHOIS search and AFAICT they are not related. Looks like these two sites are ripping content off of gHacks.

Perry Mowbray:
Did a quick WHOIS search and AFAICT they are not related. Looks like these two sites are ripping content off of gHacks.
-PhilB66 (December 19, 2008, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

And they are all claiming copyright   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version