ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FSubScript Feature Requests

<< < (5/5)

ewemoa:
I don't think I understand very well the motivation for wanting manifests for FSubScript plugins.  Would you mind elaborating on this?

I looked briefly at the Chromium-related page.  Does it look to you like their example only uses literal values (e.g. no variables nor functions)?

czb:
Well I have been thinking of an easy way of getting info from not loaded scripts. Now it is done by trial and error regex match of "description" and "displayName" which might be the best solution after all :) But definitely it is not a "clean" solution :P

A separated manifest would be ideal but I doubt it is worth the effort and complications involved in multi file scripts.

The idea with storing info in file description would be nice but it does not work for FAT32 so it is useless...

ewemoa:
Thanks for the explanation.

I wonder if someone provided a sort of tool for plugins that is run right before compressing for distribution, whether creation of a manifest file (possibly optional) might be a feature it could have.  Plugin writers might appreciate having dcupdate files created/updated in a more automated fashion as well.  Perhaps there are other sorts of things that could be built into such a tool.

May be it would be worth considering a tool such as this at some point in the future and around then the issue of manifest files might be revisited.

ecaradec:
may be we should put everything in dcupdate file ? It look a bit like a manifest...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version