ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FSubScript Feature Requests

<< < (2/5) > >>

ewemoa:
ewemoa, I can try to let git merge your change by importing it in a branch for you and then merge it.
-ecaradec (December 05, 2008, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

We can try that.  I will attach the attempt that mouser and I have been working on.  Perhaps I should warn you about this version though as I didn't incorporate all of the changes from earlier (e.g. no fsubscript*.js processing).

May be we should have a special thread to discuss technical decision so that the feature thread does not get filled with git tips... ?
We could have two branches. One that work with the currently released farr and one that work with the not yet released farr.

--- End quote ---

New thread is fine by me.

Two branches are fine by me too.  I am still working on learning about git -- perhaps on the new thread we can collect git-related tips for existing contributers and potential contributers.

Regarding the monitoring of folders:

Do you need it for reloading scripts ? or for some other reason ? In the first case FScript could reset the script engine and reload.

--- End quote ---

It is the latter case -- I have a plugin that periodically looks at the content of a list of folders.  If this is hard, a pain, or time-consuming to implement, I think it's probably not worth implementing just for the sake of this one plugin.

I'm done with the GetObject function. It was just what I thought and I will publish it today or tomorrow. This will allow to read the registry and some other uses like navigating network shares...

--- End quote ---

Woohoo!  Fantastic  :Thmbsup:

czb:
I thing I think czb could appreciate especially in his code is supplant() combined with factoring out a lot of those HTML and CSS fragments to files :)  [1]

I think it'd be nice to have these (and perhaps others) but I'm not sure about whether they should be added via prototypes -- doing it that way seems like it would mess w/ global state so perhaps initially they could just be made available via a kind of "fake" namespace.
-ewemoa (December 05, 2008, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi,
I can not imagine how JSON, trim, supplant would mess? But ok it can be in a namespace. What I would do is to make "extensions" folder in fscript plugin and put there all those essential extensions ;)

To the fsubcript*.js => it is fine. I have changed my mind on that and also recommend to use only fsubscript.js. I just have not changed it in my fscript.js :) Just make sure you have all those small changes I have made in fscript.js on github ;) (like !pi in setstrvalue, init should be there etc) see http://github.com/czb/fsubscript/network

ecaradec:
I added support for the getObject (download the last fsubscript version ). Here is my test project that allow to read the registry.
I have some issues with it :
- I don't know how to enable completion without setting alias as a value... and alias is not filtered by the forceResultFilter... and complete with a space after the completion. Any idea welcomed. I have a very weak understanding of how the type value is interpreted by farr, it change a lot a various behavior.
- \ is still not triggering the search. I remount it up to fscript.dll. May be the fix don't work ? I have the v2.34.01 of FARR.

ewemoa:
I can not imagine how JSON, trim, supplant would mess?
-czb (December 05, 2008, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

If those things never ever changed and everyone wrote code agreeing on their meaning and assumed that they existed may be it wouldn't be a problem (not sure).  But that "if" doesn't seem like it will be true...May be I am not explaining well (or not even understanding well :) ).

Just make sure you have all those small changes I have made in fscript.js on github ;) (like !pi in setstrvalue, init should be there etc) see http://github.com/czb/fsubscript/network

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tips.

ewemoa:
I added support for the getObject (download the last fsubscript version ). Here is my test project that allow to read the registry.
-ecaradec (December 05, 2008, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it out and succeeded in jumping directly to certain locations in regedit :)  So it looks like enumeration is working...great!

I have some issues with it :
- I don't know how to enable completion without setting alias as a value... and alias is not filtered by the forceResultFilter... and complete with a space after the completion. Any idea welcomed. I have a very weak understanding of how the type value is interpreted by farr, it change a lot a various behavior.
- \ is still not triggering the search. I remount it up to fscript.dll. May be the fix don't work ? I have the v2.34.01 of FARR.

--- End quote ---

Do I understand correctly that you wish to be able to do something like:

reg S<press some key for completion>

result might be:

reg SAM

What I currently observe for pressing tab after "S" is the first result of the results list being selected (I have "Tab autocompletes" checked in Options -> Program Options -> Settings -> Keyboard Interface). [1]

I have been using entrytype PLUGIN for a recent plugin, but I don't know if that will be at all helpful.  I would also be happy to learn about how the entrytype might influence FARR's behavior :)

May be mouser has some good ideas about your issues.

[1] General FARR question: doesn't anyone want to be able to "cycle" through completion options?  I don't often end up seeing what I want on the first completion possibility...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version