ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

StopKa - desktop search tool

<< < (2/10) > >>

Darwin:
So, just to clarify - you'd like to switch to a shareware model for this, correct? Version 1.2 is freeware but 1.3 and beyond will require the purchase of a licence? Enquiring minds want to know!

Darwin:
Hi again - just to note that "out of the box" StopKa is configured to save to a default location (D:\StopKa), which is an optical drive for most computer users. It also ships with a default .drj file that causes it to look for a non-existent backup folder on D drive...

vitali_y:
>>> "So, just to clarify - you'd like to switch to a shareware model for this, correct?"
yes, I'd like to switch it to shareware - will it be a 1.3 - i do not sure... firstly i am trying to get some feedback.

>>> "StopKa is configured to save to a default location (D:\StopKa)"
this is just first impression, you can unzip it to any folder.
consider all config paths as just as examples, i agree "d:" isn't a good startup example - all users try to use program without addition configurations... I'll think about setup script or about installation program.

Darwin:
Yeah - no worries. I had no trouble configuring the program, it's just that a lot of computer users aren't savvy enough to figure these things out on their own, which will lead to a negative first impression of the software.

Crush:
StopKa is running. When selecting Index->start the program crashes - even if started in Administrator & Compatibility mode. Is it incompatible with Windows Vista?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version