ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (295/300) > >>

40hz:
Feeling tired and a little down today. Today being a gloomy rainy day after the second Covid booster I got yesterday afternoon will do that to you I suppose.

I need a little pick me up. Nightwish, Peter Gabriel, and the capella vocal group Home Free to the rescue.

Yeah. Got a cuppa coffee in me too. Now I’m feeling a little better.  8)

wraith808:
Really like Home Free. The solo stuff by the bassist is good to- all of them Avi Kaplan, Tim Foust, and Geoff Castellucci

mouser:
Bob Dylan has a cover of (Johnny Cash's) Ring of Fire that is one of my favorites.. I can't listen to any other cover:

40hz:
This is more of a fun thing than a song per se. But you'll sometimes hear the compliment that some singer could sing the phonebook and make it sound good.

Well...Floor Jansen (Nightwish) was asked to sing a page from the Yellow Pages on NPO Radio2 during a studio interview/appearance. And she  managed to do just that. ;D :Thmbsup:

40hz:
For a more serious recommendation, I've been doing a revisit/deep dive on a singer from the Faroe Islands whom I've followed for sometime now named Eivør Pálsdóttir. Her repertoire spans several genres ranging from Nordic folk to pop to jazz. Being an unrepentant semi-retired prog rock bassist, I've been tending towards the heavier music scene in Northern Europe more and more as time goes on. I like her spacier more ethereal songs the most although I also enjoy many of her other songs as well.

This video is from a live performance (the only way to listen to anyone IMO  8)) in 2017.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version