ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (249/300) > >>

Edvard:
OK, one more and I'm done for the night...

If you don't know Empire of the Sun for their WTF videos, start here:

MilesAhead:
Hehe, this thread has come close to de-volving into "Recommend new music to me, and if there's a video, all the better, but we all know it's about the tunes..."
-Edvard (March 23, 2016, 01:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess I still resent the MTV gimmick from years ago.  Force the viewer's eyes to refocus every 2 1/2 seconds and they won't change the channel.  :)  Unless there's hot chicks in a video that doesn't employ that technique I usually am not much interested.  Exceptions would be clean video of Jimi Hendrix that shows his guitar work in closeup.  SRV or Miles Davis etc..   But yet another drummer "playing" a snare drum full of milk I can live without.  :)

profess:
Stromae - Papaoutai (french)

Nice sounding song (I don't speak French) - with an interesting video (universal) - have a listen and watch.

https://youtu.be/oiKj0Z_Xnjc (Ideas?) Won't embed - so here ya go - https://youtu.be/oiKj0Z_Xnjc
Thanks Edvard for the help with embedding

Edvard:
I guess I still resent the MTV gimmick from years ago.  Force the viewer's eyes to refocus every 2 1/2 seconds and they won't change the channel. 
-MilesAhead (March 23, 2016, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, you mean when MTv actually played videos?... yeah, good times. 
Actually, I fully agree with you; the abuse of jump cuts and shaky cam effects trumping good old fashioned filmmaking got way out of hand there for a while, though you gotta admit some of the older videos can get a bit on the boring side (Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' anyone?).
The flip side is I've always felt that videos were supposed to be for showcasing some visual creativity alongside the music, or giving you a taste of what a live show might be like if you'd get off the couch and go.

And to be fair, I was never a good enough guitarist to pick up what anybody was doing in a video anyway; I figured that's what lessons were for.  :P

But yet another drummer "playing" a snare drum full of milk I can live without. 
-MilesAhead (March 23, 2016, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about cocaine?  ;D

(j/k, they're a metal band, they can't afford THAT much cocaine)

-profess (March 23, 2016, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, the implications of that video are pretty deep-seated.  Basically, if you have kids, be a dad, not a space filler who happens to bring money home.  At least, that's what I got out of it...

profess:
-profess (March 23, 2016, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, the implications of that video are pretty deep-seated.  Basically, if you have kids, be a dad, not a space filler who happens to bring money home.  At least, that's what I got out of it...
[/quote]

-

yes - i got that. son followed suit of his father also, ended up doing exactly what he was doing.

help embedding? what did i do wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version