ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (208/300) > >>

wraith808:
^ Man, thanks for that!  Haven't watched the whole thing (have to get to bed), but what I did watch was pretty killer.

On a side note, I felt really old today when I told someone "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."  Then said "Rush!".  And they had this blank look on.  Sigh.

Curt:
This for the prog fans out there. (...) Ian, Dave, Martin & Co. were all (...)-40hz (September 10, 2015, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just had a look at their discography and must say I was surprised. The only Jethro Tull records I listened to were Aqualung / Thick as a Brick / Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die! / Songs from the Wood. I knew they released more - I didn't really like all of it - but I didn't know they made this many records:

This Was (1968) Stand Up (1969) Benefit (1970) Aqualung (1971) Thick as a Brick (1972) A Passion Play (1973) War Child (1974) Minstrel in the Gallery (1975) Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die! (1976) Songs from the Wood (1977) Heavy Horses (1978) Stormwatch (1979) A (1980) The Broadsword and the Beast (1982) Under Wraps (1984) Crest of a Knave (1987) Rock Island (1989) Catfish Rising (1991) Roots to Branches (1995) J-Tull Dot Com (1999) The Jethro Tull Christmas Album (2003)-Jethro Tull discography, studio albums
--- End quote ---

Anyway, I really like this one: http://vevo.ly/p0V953
http://www.nathanielrateliff.com/

MilesAhead:
Quote from: Jethro Tull discography, studio albums
-Curt (September 11, 2015, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had the Stand Up and Benefit albums.  I saw Tull at Boston Garden.  That was a great time.  :Thmbsup:

40hz:
Another blast from the past, Seatrain - short lived bluegrass/blues influenced rock group from the early 70's with a big name lineup.

What I admired most about this group was bassist Andy Kulberg. One of the more unique players out there. Andy had the uncanny ability to not only hold the groove but also add a jazzy almost scat-singing vibe to his basslines that was unheard of for the times.

Bass connoisseurs will also note he plays a Rickenbacker 4001 - the bass made famous by Chris Squire and Yes. Chris Squire opted for a clangy trebly tone that defined a lot of the established "prog rock bass style" of which volumes can and have been written. That one particular Chris Squire sound is what most people think of when they think "Rickenbacker." But what a lot of people don't know is that even though the "Ric" is best known for it's growl and snarl, it also has the ability to purr, as Andy demonstrates in 13 Questions with Seatrain.

Check it out!

Deozaan:
Here is a fun/strange music video.

Foster the People - Houdini

And here's the behind the scenes video:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version