ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (200/300) > >>

mouser:
I convinced my brother to help me produce this last christmas.
--- End quote ---
I like it!

MilesAhead:
I just found this video this morning.  When I first started going to concerts it was mainly to see Ten Years After.  Back then the albums put out by the group tended to be 2 to 3 minute studio versions of the songs.  So when you said you liked Ten Years After people who heard those tunes on the radio thought you were stupid.

But Alvin Lee worked the same perfomance live for years and perfected it.  When he got the energy from the crowd he got into it(as shown by the Woodstock version of "I'm Goin' Home" a tune he used to end their concerts.)

Anyway, this is one of the better renditions I have seen of Cryin'

mouser:
the Woodstock version of "I'm Goin' Home"
--- End quote ---
The crying video above doesn't do it for me, but I'm Going Home is a great song and a very cool performance i've watched many times.

MilesAhead:
the Woodstock version of "I'm Goin' Home"
--- End quote ---
The crying video above doesn't do it for me, but I'm Going Home is a great song and a very cool performance i've watched many times.
-mouser (July 24, 2015, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is more fun watching the vids if you were at the shows.  There was one "official bootleg" album of a concert maybe in Germany or someplace, that did the shows justice.  Same routine as Alvin Lee always did.  It gave a good idea of a typical TYA concert in the late 60s, early 70s.  As an aside, I saw Ten Years After at Clark University in Worcester, MA.  Opening for TYA was a solo guitar act.  This dude just sat on a chair with an acoustic guitar, a couple of microphones, and started singing stuff like "Fire and Rain."  Yeah, it was James Taylor touring for his first album.

MilesAhead:
SRV's homage to the one and only Jimi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version