ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (189/300) > >>

Renegade:
Perhaps interesting for some:

-mouser (January 28, 2015, 10:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I saw that at a bar during a layover in KL. I wasn't sure if it was some kind of retro or old song that I missed or whether it was new. I only listen to news radio in the car, and we don't have a TV. For some reason it reminded me of something from a long time ago. My first thought was "Baby Got Back" for visuals, but not sure.

40hz:
For some reason it reminded me of something from a long time ago. My first thought was "Baby Got Back" for visuals, but not sure.
-Renegade (February 04, 2015, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Had the same reaction. It's not even really a song. It's more like what you'd call an extended riff in my book. It reminded me of an old clunker from back in the bad ol' 80s (which was pretty much an Ice Age for pop music) called I`m Too Sexy. It was...uh...performed?... by a rather odd saccharin skinhead duo called 'Right Said Fred.'

I could never decide if they were just another not-very-good 80s group - or if they were some elaborate "in" crowd put-down on the whole MTV/music video thing.

wraith808:
Apparently, opinions vary looking at their history...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Said_Fred

40hz:
Apparently, opinions vary looking at their history...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Said_Fred
-wraith808 (February 04, 2015, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

From that, it looks like they're more a follow-the-market-trends-and-go-for-the-money sort of operation.

More power to them if so. That perhaps made them a successful stage act. But that doesn't make them what I'd consider to be a genuine band. :-\ :P

superboyac:
And whoever the tamborine guy is, he is making every second of that count (i would, too!)
-superboyac (February 03, 2015, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty sure that's Ray Cooper, and he's quite a bit more than a tambourine man :Thmbsup:
-Target (February 03, 2015, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is Ray Cooper!!  lol.  I love Rainbow Rock; I think that's the album that really introduced me to Elton John.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version