ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (165/300) > >>

40hz:

I would like to see her do a tutorial on how to do it. Just a very basic one. But everyone can do it? Wow. That's a big claim.
-Renegade (October 06, 2014, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

She does workshops. Just not around where I live.

But wait! There's more...

Here's an ensemble Ms. Hefele is part of: SUPERSONUS The European Resonance Ensemble ( http://www.supersonus.eu)

Ok...overtone singing, jew's harp, Harpsichord, Kannel (Estonian zither), and a Nyckelharpa (keyed fiddle) all on one group???

Awesome!

Definitely my kind of weird. 8)

:Thmbsup:

tomos:
Definitely my kind of weird. 8)
-40hz (October 06, 2014, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
really good as well :up:

Saw a Mongolian guy doing overtone in concert a few years back but cant remember his name...
These were easier to find: this group played regularly in front of the Pompidou in Paris a few years back. There's a few videos of them in YT so they must have been 'in residence' for a while.

a couple of years later they evolved into this:

(I saw them around the time of the first video)
[edit] the first group at any rate are called Altai KhairKhan [/edit]

40hz:
Saw a Mongolian guy doing overtone in concert a few years back but cant remember his name...
-tomos (October 07, 2014, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Possibly Kongar-ol Ondar of Tuva? He's probably the most famous in the Western world. He was featured in the documentary Genghis Blues. And he was touring with Bela Fleck and The Flecktone some years back. Caused quite a sensation at the time. He passed away in 2013 at the young age of 51.

Here's Ondar demonstrating to an enthusiastic audience at the Fairfield University Quick Center. After that there's a short introduction of the three separate styles of Tuvan throat singing.

Tuva is an unusual country with a tragic history. Physicist Richard Feynman became fascinated with Tuva and attempted to travel there in 1977. His story about that ultimately fruitless attempt is documented in a book by his travelling companion Richard Leighton entitled: Tuva or Bust!: Richard Feynman's Last Journey

As a stamp-collecting boy always fascinated by remote places, Nobel Prize–winning physicist Richard Feynman was particularly taken by the diamond-shaped stamps from a place called Tannu Tuva deep within Outer Mongolia. He hoped, someday, to travel there.

In 1977, Feynman and his sidekick— fellow drummer and geography enthusiast Ralph Leighton—set out to make arrangements to visit Tuva, doing noble and hilarious battle with Soviet red tape, befriending quite a few Tuvans, and discovering the wonders of Tuvan throat-singing. Their Byzantine attempts to reach Tannu Tuva would span a decade, interrupted by Feynman's appointment to the committee investigating the Challenger disaster, and his tragic struggle with the cancer that finally killed him. Tuva or Bust! chronicles the deepening friendship of two zany, brilliant strategists whose love of the absurd will delight and instruct. It is Richard Feynman's last, best adventure.
--- End quote ---

There's an excellent CD by Ondar that's well worth a listen. It's called Back Tuva Future.

Highly recommended. :Thmbsup:

Dirhael:
Highasakite - Leaving no traces:
- A great song, about a heavy subject. Live version.

Mew - Symmetry:
- After all these years, this song is still as mesmerizing as when I first heard it (YouTube is being a d**k, so you'll have to watch this one on youtube.com).

Eels - Things the Grandchildren Should Know
- Very few artists write songs that have the same impact as a good Eels song do. Live version.

Noisettes - Never forget you
- It's a few years old by now, but it's still insanely catchy. This is an acoustic version.

Giampy:
I like very very much Hiromi Uehara.  :Thmbsup:
I propose an astonishing video where she even alters the sound of the pianoforte by a unique manner that I have never seen before:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version