ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (152/300) > >>

40hz:
I need a little taste of smooth cool jazz to go with these hot summer nights we've been having. And who better than Hubert Laws and quintet to deliver it with Land of Passion?

Don't know about anybody else, but flute instrumentals are my favorite background music whenever I'm doing something. And fortunately for me, there's been a lot of them recorded over the years.
 8)

Giampy:

Johnny Winter has left us. RIP.

A video to remember him:

Edvard:
I need a little taste of smooth cool jazz to go with these hot summer nights we've been having. -40hz (July 17, 2014, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Y'know, I've followed you so far, even when going deep into prog territory, even when you invoked the infernal name of Windham Hill, but this is the line in the sand.  Obviously great musicians, tight as the pocket they're playing in, but... I just can't follow you into Smooth Jazz territory.  The best I can match that with is the incredible Wes Montgomery:

It's jazz for sure, and it couldn't get any smoother if you put butter on it, but I can't call it "Smooth Jazz" to save my soul.
Enjoy!  :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
I tripped across this a few days ago and it's popping up everywhere.

Rob sent in a press release for it to Cop Block, and I think it spread from there.

NSFW - The video contains extreme, graphic violence. But it's a darn good tune! :)

Call the Cops - Rob Hustle ft. Liv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlY9C6pzxKc

40hz:
I need a little taste of smooth cool jazz to go with these hot summer nights we've been having. -40hz (July 17, 2014, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Y'know, I've followed you so far, even when going deep into prog territory, even when you invoked the infernal name of Windham Hill, but this is the line in the sand.  Obviously great musicians, tight as the pocket they're playing in, but... I just can't follow you into Smooth Jazz territory.
-Edvard (July 19, 2014, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

What can I say? Some of us march to the beat of a different drummer. (Come to think of it, the entire band is pretty weird.) :tellme:

;) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version