ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (144/300) > >>

40hz:
@tomos - Nice! Some older influences to be sure. And all the better for it I think. Refreshingly honest and real performance for a change. (No twerking dancers or other distractions either!)  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

tomos:
@tomos - Nice! Some older influences to be sure. And all the better for it I think. Refreshingly honest and real performance for a change. (No twerking dancers or other distractions either!)  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-40hz (May 09, 2014, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, the only distraction was the big screen slide-show. That was there because it was a tribute concert (to the guy who was the founder of the Montreux Jazz Festival; I used always think that was somewhere in French speaking Canada - seems it's in French speaking Switzerland :-[)

I think it might be Superboyac's cup of tea as well. Looking forward to getting my live CD anyways :)

superboyac:
-40hz (May 09, 2014, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, the only distraction was the big screen slide-show. That was there because it was a tribute concert (to the guy who was the founder of the Montreux Jazz Festival; I used always think that was somewhere in French speaking Canada - seems it's in French speaking Switzerland :-[)

I think it might be Superboyac's cup of tea as well. Looking forward to getting my live CD anyways :)
-tomos (May 09, 2014, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
It totally is!  As soon as I heard the groove and the organ...I'm like, oh yea!  The guy is fantastic, I'm buying this live album for sure.  I'm actually in the middle of arranging a song with pretty much the same instrumentation and style.

tomos:
The guy is fantastic, I'm buying this live album for sure.
-superboyac (May 09, 2014, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

tbh I just 'discovered' him - I dont know do any of his albums have quite that sound. The live one I ordered is a different concert - that vid above was a one-off track with that band. He does seem to use a brass section a lot, but often play just himself + acoustic guitar. Check out his stuff on www.amazon.co.uk - they have previews for some (but not all) of his albums. (They only available as imports in the US.)

Giampy:

I bet everyone may like this music:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version