ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (140/300) > >>

Edvard:
Exploring the nether regions of some genres outside my taste buds, I stumbled across this:

My immediate thought was 'Calvinball!'
 ;D :Thmbsup:

40hz:
Just finished watching the docu-bio flick Twenty Feet from Stardom (highly recommended btw) which examines the crucial but often under-credited role of the backup singer.

In the course of the movie, they played this segment from the 1995 tour by the Rolling Stones which included the incomparable Lisa Fischer in an eye opening performance of Gimme Shelter. Lisa kicks into high gear around the 2:25 mark and shows The Stones what fronting a rock vocal is supposed to be about:

Thanks Mick! Why don't you take the rest of the night off and leave Lisa and the boys to handle the rest of the show. :P

superboyac:
Just finished watching the docu-bio flick Twenty Feet from Startdom (highly recommended btw) which examines the crucial but often under-credited role of the backup singer.

In the course of the movie, they played this segment from the 1995 tour by the Rolling Stones which included the incomparable Lisa Fischer in an eye opening performance of Gimme Shelter. Lisa kicks into high gear around the 2:25 mark and shows The Stones what fronting a rock vocal is supposed to be about:

Thanks Mick! Why don't you take the rest of the night off and leave Lisa and the boys to handle the rest of the show. :P
-40hz (March 30, 2014, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :-* :-* :onfire: :tease:

That will get it done!!

40hz:
That will get it done!!
-superboyac (March 30, 2014, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure does! :o

I think it's a riot how she mirrors Mick's stage moves - and then does them 10X better. Talk about getting pwned! ;D ;D ;D

Definitely check out 20 Feet from Stardom.  These ladies have talent, brains, and above all, class. Their interviews and comments speak volumes about the music industry - and those people that make it work despite their contributions remaining mostly unacknowledged. I expected there to be some bitterness in places. But there wasn't any. Just a lot of laughter, philosophical perspective, and the occasional moments of sadness about the break that never seemed to come despite promises made.

It's on NetFlix. Watch it. :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
That will get it done!!
-superboyac (March 30, 2014, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure does! :o

I think it's a riot how she mirrors Mick's stage moves - and then does them 10X better. Talk about getting pwned! ;D ;D ;D

Definitely check out 20 Feet from Stardom.  These ladies have talent, brains, and above all, class. Their interviews and comments speak volumes about the music industry - and those people that make it work despite their contributions remaining mostly unacknowledged. I expected there to be some bitterness in places. But there wasn't any. Just a lot of laughter, philosophical perspective, and the occasional moments of sadness about the break that never seemed to come despite promises made.

It's on NetFlix. Watch it. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (March 31, 2014, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'll definitely check it out.  I've already watched this clip 4 times. I'm wearing out the grooves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version