ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (107/300) > >>

mouser:
Song sounds good, I like it!

superboyac:
^ ;D ;D ;D

Appreciated. 8) :Thmbsup:

My only objection to post-rock is how so many of these groups make that mistake every amateur musician makes when they start doing their own recordings: excessively extended intros.

I know some of it's to set the mood or establish a little ambiance. But do we really need a half minute or more of drone pads or sequenced beats before a song begins? Like the "Gumby" characters from Monty Python said:
 (see attachment in previous post)           Get on with it!!!

-40hz (January 17, 2013, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D
One day, my buddy asked Houston Person (legend jazz/r&b sax player) to play with our combo.  He listened to the album and said the exact same thing.  he said "give it a measure and get on with the song".  So I thought that was funny.

Now there is one long ass intro I wish I wrote: the beginning of "Long Way There" by the Little River Band.  They milked that one real good.

40hz:
Now there is one long ass intro I wish I wrote: the beginning of "Long Way There" by the Little River Band.  They milked that one real good.
-superboyac (January 21, 2013, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ted Nugent got them all beat. He wrote Cat Scratch Fever in '77 and milked that song for the rest of his career. ;D

40hz:
This is Angelface/Headcase.

My daughter is dating the guitarist/lead singer/song writer. When he's not making music, he's a technical writer.

The entire album is available on Amazon as a digital download.
-app103 (January 17, 2013, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice track. Good mix of psychedelic, electro, and techno. Lady's playin' what looks like a Warwick Corvette fretless too! Awesome. How cool is that? :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
I tripped across this video -- Slayer's "Criminally Insane" done as an animated cartoon. It's hilarious! :D

Even if you don't like Slayer, you might like the cartoon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version