ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (94/300) > >>

Deozaan:
I like this song Catgroove by Parov Stelar, and TakeSomeCrime danced really well for it:

And once you've seen that, check out this great wedding dance to the same song:

It's great. But is that a Goatse reference at ~3:10? :o

tomos:
I like this song Catgroove by Parov Stelar, and TakeSomeCrime danced really well for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqM56f_cVo

And once you've seen that, check out this great wedding dance to the same song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKfBxjN3DI

It's great. But is that a Goatse reference at ~3:10? :o
-Deozaan (November 02, 2012, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) Really great track, really great dancing :-*
2) Brilliant wedding dance :D
3) Re 3:10 - I think it's more of a show-us-your-bums kind of move

40hz:
Geat find Deo. Good dancer too!

Parts of it remind me of something Moses Pendelton (founder of the Pilobolus and Momix dance companies) used to do. He created a white suited character with a valise and cane that used to do some truly amazing dancing. Closest I could find is this really poorly made and choppy vid on YouTube that is a clip from a bio special done on him by A&E. Worth watching in that Moses has a bit to say about the artistic design that went into this character. And Moses Pendelton is one artist who is really worth listening to. Too bad the vid is so lousy because Moses has this weird ability to make time seem to speed up and slow down during this dance. You can get a sense of some of it. But whatever was used to compress the original probably got confused and tossed out too many frames in places when Pendelton almost hangs in the air or while in motion. Sitting in the theater, it makes you blink because you'd swear the universe itself had just frozen up for a second or two. Truly amazing stuff. I'll keep looking to see if there's a better quality vid available somewhere.

And if you like that, take a look at this favorite Pilobolus piece called Shadowdance. None of this is computer generated. They do it live with nothing other than lights, a scrim screen, and a huge amount of talent and creativity.

8) :Thmbsup:

-----

Addendum: Ok! Found it. The whole documentary is available for viewing on Vimeo. Link here. Moses does a biographical sketch about his 33rd birthday which is almost an extended dance piece in itself. How typical of him. ;D

Deozaan:
Geat find Deo. Good dancer too!-40hz (November 03, 2012, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was actually p3lb0x who pointed out TakeSomeCrime's Catgroove dance to me shortly after I posted the Caravan Palace video.

Addendum: Ok! Found it. The whole documentary is available for viewing on Vimeo. Link here. Moses does a biographical sketch about his 33rd birthday which is almost an extended dance piece in itself. How typical of him. ;D-40hz (November 03, 2012, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know if I'd ever heard of Moses Pendleton before, but I'm at about 10 minutes into this Vimeo video, and I'm definitely interested enough to watch the rest! Thanks!

And that shadow dance was really great!

40hz:
Something a little different in cabaret style this time. La Vague performing an interesting version of their song Straight Contrariwise. It doesn't get more straightforward than this: virtuoso electric bass, maraca, stompbox "drum", stunning vocal talent, and a brief melodica solo. And not too hard on the eyes, regardless of your gender preference. So what's not to like? :mrgreen:

Next time I feel the urge to go out howling at the moon - I'm bringing these two along!  ;D :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version